Fear/Discouragement

Options
2»

Comments

• friend of Bill
    friend of Bill Member Posts: 87
    Options
    fear
    For me, fear is not all bad. It keeps me out of the ocean when those red flags are flying and mobilizes me to take action when faced with a Real Big Threat like cancer. "Living in fear" is another story - it makes me so crazy that I can't think straight, so I tried to find ways to put it at bay. I did and so can you. You made a brilliant start by sharing it here and have already been rewarded with some excellent suggestions. Prayer and breathing helped me a lot, as did someone just listening to me or holding me and not needing to fix it. It's a normal reaction to what we are dealing with. Am I cool with it? Hell, No! I was bouncing off the ceiling last week. But it went away. Hang on and do this deal one feeding at a time, one treatment at a time, one minute at a time. If it is truly persists despite all your efforts and is totally unmanageable, talk to your doctor. I had to do some brief pharma during an immobilizing time but I don't think that's typical. I really admire you for bringing it up. I've gained some more tools and my hope has grown by reading everyone's comments. Thank you! May you be blessed and strengthened,

Vince
  • Vivi C
    Vivi C Member Posts: 70
    Options

fear
    For me, fear is not all bad. It keeps me out of the ocean when those red flags are flying and mobilizes me to take action when faced with a Real Big Threat like cancer. "Living in fear" is another story - it makes me so crazy that I can't think straight, so I tried to find ways to put it at bay. I did and so can you. You made a brilliant start by sharing it here and have already been rewarded with some excellent suggestions. Prayer and breathing helped me a lot, as did someone just listening to me or holding me and not needing to fix it. It's a normal reaction to what we are dealing with. Am I cool with it? Hell, No! I was bouncing off the ceiling last week. But it went away. Hang on and do this deal one feeding at a time, one treatment at a time, one minute at a time. If it is truly persists despite all your efforts and is totally unmanageable, talk to your doctor. I had to do some brief pharma during an immobilizing time but I don't think that's typical. I really admire you for bringing it up. I've gained some more tools and my hope has grown by reading everyone's comments. Thank you! May you be blessed and strengthened,

Vince

Awww
    Thanks Vince. You are all truly awesome and inspirational. I want to have you all for dinner at my house when we are done with this nightmare :-) I have this new passion to help people that are going through this ordeal and do not have the support system that I have. I am so blessed!
    Vivi