finally have reconstruction date and its so exciting to be back here

lolad
lolad Member Posts: 670
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I found out today that im finally having my breast reconstruction on Aug 12th. I have had these expanders in since last year in June, except they removed the left one because of infection in feb, but rights still there. I just cant wait. I also wanted to let everyone know how glad i am to be back here. It feels so great to give my input to those who are asking for it. Its so fullfilling for me. You all are great!

Laura

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Laura
    good luck with your surgery on August 12th. I am glad that you are back.
    New Flower
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Good news!
    That's great news, Laura. My expanders have been in since late January, and I thought THAT was a long time until I read your post. I'm thrilled to be getting implants tomorrow. I'm glad you're seeing a light at the end of your long, complicated journey.
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    Hola!
    Congratulations!

I just had my silicone put in 3/10 and my nipples were put on two weeks ago.

I've got the tatooing in September.

It's been excellent!!!

Be patient with the implants. Mine didn't look perfect right off the bat. They had to settle into the skin. I was expecting this perfect rack right off the bat and that wasn't the case.

Six weeks out I started to see how great they were going to look!

Keep us posted!

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom

p.s. I have my reconstruction photos on my website if you're curious. I'm under the Member Resource Library. Just look for my photo. :)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Laura
    good luck with your surgery on August 12th. I am glad that you are back.
    New Flower

Wishing you good luck Laura
    Wishing you good luck Laura with your surgery!

Hugs, Leeza