Home!

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Had a FAB time on the cruise. LOVED Italy and Spain!!!

Watched the World Cup (Soccer) on the ship...and then in the airport today...The Netherlands is in the FINALS!!! YEA!!!!

Pics to follow...

Hugs, Kathi

Comments

• Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Great to hear you had a
    Great to hear you had a blast!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Great to hear you had a
    Great to hear you had a blast!

KathiM our world traveler .. I so enjoy your pictures
    and hearing about your travel's. Keep us up to date ..

Love ...

Vicki Sam
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    VickiSam said:

KathiM our world traveler .. I so enjoy your pictures
    and hearing about your travel's. Keep us up to date ..

Love ...

Vicki Sam

Welcome back!
    Congratulations on finals. We will watch the game tonight.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    sounds like a great trip
    Glad to hear that your travels were fun. Italy and Spain are both on my "go to someday" list.Vacations are great to look forward to and to enjoy. Planning mine for late July. I am so excited.
    Hugs, K
  • KathiM
    Thanks, guys for the welcome home!
    The World Cup is VERY important here....on the ship, there were many from around the world where soccer (voetbal) is the sport. When Spain beat Portugal, many, many people marched around the ship with Spanish flags wrapped around...

And then, in the airport, there was an outside big screen, showing the Netherlands/Uraguay game...and there were bleechers set up for all of the travelers...this, in the AIRPORT...ROFL!

Hugs, Kathi
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    KathiM said:

Thanks, guys for the welcome home!
    The World Cup is VERY important here....on the ship, there were many from around the world where soccer (voetbal) is the sport. When Spain beat Portugal, many, many people marched around the ship with Spanish flags wrapped around...

And then, in the airport, there was an outside big screen, showing the Netherlands/Uraguay game...and there were bleechers set up for all of the travelers...this, in the AIRPORT...ROFL!

Hugs, Kathi

LOL!!
    We were in Portugal

LOL!!

We were in Portugal from june 24-july 1st and watched quite a few games in the bars out there. I was disappointed when portugal got knocked out,and my daughter was upset when Brasil got beat (she likes the colour of their shirts!) lol.

The atmosphere was electric when Portugal were playing! We watched the England matches too. Portugal got a thrashing on their last game,sadly,and there was alot of long faces out there.

Who else is in the final?Not watched any games since i've been home.

ps. glad you had a great hol!
  • KathiM
    m-star said:

LOL!!
    We were in Portugal

LOL!!

We were in Portugal from june 24-july 1st and watched quite a few games in the bars out there. I was disappointed when portugal got knocked out,and my daughter was upset when Brasil got beat (she likes the colour of their shirts!) lol.

The atmosphere was electric when Portugal were playing! We watched the England matches too. Portugal got a thrashing on their last game,sadly,and there was alot of long faces out there.

Who else is in the final?Not watched any games since i've been home.

ps. glad you had a great hol!

Yet to be named foe.....
    Germany or Spain....tonight!!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    KathiM said:

Yet to be named foe.....

Hugs, Kathi

I am expecting a very interesting game
    probably the best. Sorry Kathi
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    KathiM said:

Yet to be named foe.....

Hugs, Kathi

Do you think the octopus is
    Do you think the octopus is just lucky? http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/football/07/06/germany.octopus.semifinal/index.html?hpt=C1

hee hee.
  • KathiM

I am expecting a very interesting game
    probably the best. Sorry Kathi

No worries...
    The Dutch are a bit...well, lucky....

I'm not sure if the game was replayed with Brazil, or Uraguay for that matter, that the outcome would have been the same...

But it's sure fun...and everyone get soooooo excited....I'm hoping Spain wins...they are so passionate!!!

Hugs, Kathi