I was misdiagnosed-should I pay my bill?

Options
2»

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    edited September 2016 #22
    Options
    NO clue of correct answer-but

NO clue of correct answer-but I am sure your insurance carrier paid, that is why you only have co pay.

Personally-i would pay the co pay..

that is just me..

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    edited September 2016 #23
    Options
    GregStahl said:

Afraid you are
    If you dont pay they will turn you over to collections.

I agree

I agree

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    not a doc, just throwing this in here

Years ago my son went to a urologist because he did a self exam and found a lump on his testical.  They gave him some antibiotics and said come back in two weeks.  In that time frame it enlarged to 3 times it's size.  The uro doc explained to him that if it had been an infection it would of taken care of it but because it grew so large and so fast it was something more and he wanted to run more test.  Without that simple medication rearing cancer's ugly head, my son would have died. 

I am just a mother breathing a sigh of relief. 

Hugs

Annie

• twnkltoz
    twnkltoz Member Posts: 169 Member
    edited September 2016 #25
    Options
    Old thread

Since this thread is six years old, I imagine the matter is resolved now.

• tvn
    tvn Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2018 #26
    Options
    Sticking up for you.

If you don't want to pay the bill because you didn't receive the service, don't pay it.  It pretty much burns me that doctors are able to misdiagnose people, lots of times leading to their death, and then still smugly charge you or your family enough money to ruin you or them financially.  My grandmother died like this, she didn't have cancer at all, and then my Grandpa paid the bill.  No other profession is able to do this.  As was said above a mechanic must fix the car and correctly do the job or they face chargebacks.  All merchants, all major corporations must give you the product or service or you will get your money back, either through them or through the bank.  It's mislead not to let these people know that they're not competent, you're going to kill someone that way.  Also, it's your hard earned money, probably for which you had to do something correctly.  The statements above would make you out to be a deadbeat for non payment.  Fact is, it's the opposite.   I can't tell you how many trillions of dollars are being made from people with that same guilty, self effacing attitute each year, but I could write a large, dense, and mathematically correct book about it.  Take your money back, or pay it and then dispute it through the Bank.