Options
2»

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Pinkpower said:

Rad
    Hi Kay, I can only offer my experience with Rad... Lumpectomy, chemo then radiation. Im hispanic with tan skin and I was one of the unfortunate that did get burned, my treatments where everyday for 6wks. by the 5th week I was very dark around my breast area and the area under my arm was so burned, worst then a sunburn, I was in so much pain, they gave me pain medicine and I took a wk off to heal a little. The week off helped alot, then I did my last week. I have healed under my arm and the darknest is clearing up quit nicely, so would I do it again... Yes, if I have to though I hope I never have to go thru that again... Ever! Just remember, everyone is different so good luck and we will be here for you.
    Lupe

Like the others, I am glad
    Like the others, I am glad that you have decided to go ahead and do radiation.

I never burnt, got the dark pink like so many here have written about. I kept my creams on from day one and was very gentle with my skin.

I didn't worry about rads as I knew they were one more weapon in killing the cancer cells.

Good luck!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

I'm glad to read that you
    I'm glad to read that you have decided to do radiation if it is recommended. Radiation is a localized treatment and is radiating the tumor site whereas chemo is systemic and is hopefully eliminating any rogue cancer cells in your body. I know you can do both and we will help to encourage and support you. Good luck and sending a (((hug))) your way!!

Glad that you decided to do
    Glad that you decided to do rads. MyTurnNow explained it perfectly inre to what rads do.

Wishing you good luck!

Hugs, Jan
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Like the others, I am glad
    Like the others, I am glad that you have decided to go ahead and do radiation.

I never burnt, got the dark pink like so many here have written about. I kept my creams on from day one and was very gentle with my skin.

I didn't worry about rads as I knew they were one more weapon in killing the cancer cells.

Good luck!

small dog groomer .. Please let us know how you are doing
    like so many of my sisters in pink stated -- rad's will continue to kill those pesty cancer cells that will not give in.

Good luck to you!

Vicki Sam
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

small dog groomer .. Please let us know how you are doing
    like so many of my sisters in pink stated -- rad's will continue to kill those pesty cancer cells that will not give in.

Good luck to you!

Vicki Sam

I wouldn't have dreamed of
    I wouldn't have dreamed of not doing rads since my oncologist recommended it after my lumpectomy. I wanted those stray cancer cells gone!!!

Good luck to you with rads!

♥ Noel
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options

you have all changed my mind
    I will do the radiation for sure. I guess I was just having a stupid moment lets blame it on chemo.. Some of you have said something about having boosters?? Don't they do the rads in the same place each time? Do they do surrounding areas with boosters? Or are boosters just not as strong. Also did you get your cream from the Dr.? especially for radiation?? Is it RX? Thanks again Kay

The cream
    Hi Kay,
    I'm sorry this might be a little late to answer your question. I got the cream from the nurses where I had my radiation. They started me with an aloe one and then gave me a stronger one as the weeks progressed. Every week they would ask if I needed more. They were very helpful. If they don't offer it where you go, just ask for it. It isn't RX but I believe they provide it. I also had something called Wound Care that I only needed for any open wounds.
    Best of luck,
    Wanda