Has anyone struggled with C-Diff

mvannie
mvannie Member Posts: 16
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have one more A/C chemo scheduled for Wed. I am worried as I have been treated for C-Diff since after the first chemo. I am on now on vancomycin. Thanks

Comments

• Mariannemm
    Mariannemm Member Posts: 136
    Sorry
    I never did have c-diff but they checked me for it all the time. While I was on AC, I was have 7 days a week IV antibotics for an infection in my breast. That went on for 7 weeks, I was in treatment with AC for 8 weeks. I think that was the worst 2 months of my life. I had all the signs of c-diff but tests were always negitive. They ended up doing a scope and didn't find anything that way. They thought it was probably just the combo I was on. At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you have only 1 more AC treatment. Hang in there you will make it! I just finished 12 weeks of taxol after my AC and I thought I would never get there and I did. Keep us all posted! Marianne
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Sorry
    I never did have c-diff but they checked me for it all the time. While I was on AC, I was have 7 days a week IV antibotics for an infection in my breast. That went on for 7 weeks, I was in treatment with AC for 8 weeks. I think that was the worst 2 months of my life. I had all the signs of c-diff but tests were always negitive. They ended up doing a scope and didn't find anything that way. They thought it was probably just the combo I was on. At least there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you have only 1 more AC treatment. Hang in there you will make it! I just finished 12 weeks of taxol after my AC and I thought I would never get there and I did. Keep us all posted! Marianne

no but I had a couple of
    no but I had a couple of tests for it because of the Gi issues always negative. hope it goes well for you !