Elbow joints ache

Options
kayandok
kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Has anyone else had this after chemo is finished? At first it was only my left elbow, and now it is both. I only notice it in the evening when I am relaxing, and so forget to ask my doctor about it. I just assume that achey joints are par for the course when you have had 26 doses of toxins pumped into you, and am thankful that it is not ALL my joints aching. I did have a bone scan a few months ago, that was all clear. Just was curious if this is a common symptom for long time chemo addicts.

Comments

• Susan523
    Susan523 Member Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi there~
    I have experienced joint pain, but it was only right after receiving chemo, and it was most all of my bones.

Maybe you can call your oncology nurse? I find that they often have lots of answers.

Take care,
    ~Susan xoxo
  • nancy591
    nancy591 Member Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    aches
    I have left rib pain that comes and goes. My recurrence is on my right side. I had a PETscan and nothing was seen in or around my left rib cage area. It does worry me!
  • LPack
    LPack Member Posts: 645
    Options
    elbow
    I had my left elbow in pain and my lower back. When it was time for my CTscan last year, she ordered a full body bone scan. Showed nothing unusual.

I still have achy joints...................have had 23 doses of chemo. You are right, takes a toll on our bodies all those chemicals.

It's a wonder we can even think straight!!

☺Libby
  • Tasgirl
    Tasgirl Member Posts: 85
    Options
    I had pain in my left elbow
    I had pain in my left elbow but months after I finished chemo and only when I was exercising. After a couple of months the pain went to my right elbow but have no problems now.
    Jenny
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Tasgirl said:

I had pain in my left elbow
    I had pain in my left elbow but months after I finished chemo and only when I was exercising. After a couple of months the pain went to my right elbow but have no problems now.
    Jenny

aches and pains
    Hiya, I am also experiencing aches and pains all over my body since chemo. I was wondering if it was just a coincidence as I have put weight on since I got ill and thought it was the strain of the extra weight on my knees, hips and ankles etc. However, another thought is ........ the menopause. I am going through the menopause and I know alot of other ladies with OVCA will also be in "menopause mode". The lack of estrogen can cause joint problems as I understand, so it might not be soley down to the chemo.
  • LPack
    LPack Member Posts: 645
    Options

aches and pains
    Hiya, I am also experiencing aches and pains all over my body since chemo. I was wondering if it was just a coincidence as I have put weight on since I got ill and thought it was the strain of the extra weight on my knees, hips and ankles etc. However, another thought is ........ the menopause. I am going through the menopause and I know alot of other ladies with OVCA will also be in "menopause mode". The lack of estrogen can cause joint problems as I understand, so it might not be soley down to the chemo.

True
    That is true, Tina. My sister had hysterectomy after being diagnosed with BRCA 2 last year. She does not have cancer and never chemo, but is experiencing several of the typical side effects of menopause. Aches, pains, dryness, wrinkles, let's see what have I left out.

Lack of estrogen does make us squeak. Just like anything that needs oiled!! LOL!!

O I L M E
    O I L M E

Now we know how the tin man felt.

Libby
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    LPack said:

True
    That is true, Tina. My sister had hysterectomy after being diagnosed with BRCA 2 last year. She does not have cancer and never chemo, but is experiencing several of the typical side effects of menopause. Aches, pains, dryness, wrinkles, let's see what have I left out.

Lack of estrogen does make us squeak. Just like anything that needs oiled!! LOL!!

O I L M E
    O I L M E

Now we know how the tin man felt.

Libby

Thanks,
    ladies for your responses. I guess between menopause and 26 doses of chemo, along with the rest of it, aches are pretty normal.
    kathleen:)
  • MK_4Dani
    MK_4Dani Member Posts: 314
    Options
    Joint pain also
    I have achy knees, ankles and shoulders. It is painful going up and down stairs. I am 6 months from chemo and still hurting. I am going to ask my doc if it is pain to work through like a sore muscle or a pain that means stop what you are doing. I certainly do not want to make the situation worse. I wore a life vest in the ocean because I was afraid of getting too tired in the waves and shoulders hurt to swim. I will advise what my doc says. I am also going to ask if phy therapy would be covered by insurance...I am feeling like I am left hanging after chemo. Yes, they check the CA-125 for re-occurance but I think we need some guidance for physical recovery.
    Blessed to be a survivor,
    Mary