breast cancer has moved

proudmom2
proudmom2 Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was diagnosed with breast cancer Feb 2009. had 8 treatments of chemo and 32 treatments of radation it has only been 9 months since my last chemo treatment.And I jist found out the the cancer has matasiszed to the lining of the lung looking for any info someone can give me. Doctors do not sound very promoising about the out come.

Comments

• Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    I'm sorry for ur mets
    I hope mine doesn't decide to move. That's all our fears. Whyare the drs so negative about ur outcome? Maybe second opion? I have a very aggressive form of breast cancer and my doc tells me I will be his masterpiece. Sorry not able to help with ur question. CSN does have a disscussion board for lung cancer. Maybe that would help you too. Positive energy to you Katz
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Hello, I am so sorry that
    Hello, I am so sorry that your cancer has spread, I know the news is devastating. I know this because my cancer has also spread to my liver, abdomen and bones. So far, not to my lungs. My doctor also did not sound very promising, but i have been back on chemo for 4 weeks and I am not in as much pain anymore, so the tumor is shrinking. Has your doctor offered any treatment plan? I was originally diagnosed in July 2008. Please, do not give up and come here for information and let us know how you are. How old are you, and what city do you live in? I am 54 and I live in Philadelphia, PA.
  • proudmom2
    meena1 said:

Hello, I am so sorry that
    Hello, I am so sorry that your cancer has spread, I know the news is devastating. I know this because my cancer has also spread to my liver, abdomen and bones. So far, not to my lungs. My doctor also did not sound very promising, but i have been back on chemo for 4 weeks and I am not in as much pain anymore, so the tumor is shrinking. Has your doctor offered any treatment plan? I was originally diagnosed in July 2008. Please, do not give up and come here for information and let us know how you are. How old are you, and what city do you live in? I am 54 and I live in Philadelphia, PA.

Hi
    Meena1. I am 43 years pld and I live in Martin Michigan. we have not made a plan of treatment because he wants me to have a bunch of scans done to make sure it has not moved else where we are just waiting for approval from the ins co. and I can not wait to not be in pain.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    proudmom2 said:

Hi
    Meena1. I am 43 years pld and I live in Martin Michigan. we have not made a plan of treatment because he wants me to have a bunch of scans done to make sure it has not moved else where we are just waiting for approval from the ins co. and I can not wait to not be in pain.

I am so sorry proudmom and
    I am so sorry proudmom and for you too meena.

Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts for both of you!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Katz77 said:

I'm sorry for ur mets
    I hope mine doesn't decide to move. That's all our fears. Whyare the drs so negative about ur outcome? Maybe second opion? I have a very aggressive form of breast cancer and my doc tells me I will be his masterpiece. Sorry not able to help with ur question. CSN does have a disscussion board for lung cancer. Maybe that would help you too. Positive energy to you Katz

I am so sorry. This is what
    I am so sorry. This is what we all fear and think of a lot. Why are the doctors not positive? I agree with Katz, maybe, get a 2nd opinion?

Praying for you,

Jan
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    DianeBC said:

I am so sorry proudmom and
    I am so sorry proudmom and for you too meena.

Sending lots of prayers and positive thoughts for both of you!

There are many new treatments.
    Hi All,

So far, my cancer has been behaving and has not spread. However a woman in my support group has bc which has spread to her lungs. She has been doing great for seven years so far! Whenever it gets growing again, they try something else and she's fine again. New treatments are coming out. 2 just came out and more are behind that. Stay positive no matter what the "experts" say. If they knew everything, they would have a cure already wouldn't they? I have lots more long term survivor stories if you need them. Screw the experts! We're all alive right now....let's enjoy today. Who knows what tomorrow will bring for anyone, even those without bc. Hugs and hope to all my bc sister.

Roseann
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    roseann4 said:

There are many new treatments.
    Hi All,

So far, my cancer has been behaving and has not spread. However a woman in my support group has bc which has spread to her lungs. She has been doing great for seven years so far! Whenever it gets growing again, they try something else and she's fine again. New treatments are coming out. 2 just came out and more are behind that. Stay positive no matter what the "experts" say. If they knew everything, they would have a cure already wouldn't they? I have lots more long term survivor stories if you need them. Screw the experts! We're all alive right now....let's enjoy today. Who knows what tomorrow will bring for anyone, even those without bc. Hugs and hope to all my bc sister.

Roseann

You hang in there!!
    Rosann is right, there is a lot out there now so just because one doctor doesn't sound hopeful doesn't mean a thing!

I read the book by Lance Armstrong. His cancer had spread yet he beat it and is as healthy as ever. Same with Joel Olsteen's mom. They gave her 2 weeks to live, that was like 20 years ago!

Praying for you!!

Sylvia
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    sea60 said:

You hang in there!!
    Rosann is right, there is a lot out there now so just because one doctor doesn't sound hopeful doesn't mean a thing!

I read the book by Lance Armstrong. His cancer had spread yet he beat it and is as healthy as ever. Same with Joel Olsteen's mom. They gave her 2 weeks to live, that was like 20 years ago!

Praying for you!!

Sylvia

I am sorry this happened.
    I am sorry this happened. There are so many new treatments, medications and great doctors out there. Stay positive!

Sending prayers!
  • proudmom2
    Kylez said:

I am sorry this happened.
    I am sorry this happened. There are so many new treatments, medications and great doctors out there. Stay positive!

Sending prayers!

Thanks
    Thank you everyone for your support I know I can get thru this I did it once I can do it again I just wasn't expecting it to happen less then a year since the last time and have some down times.
  • survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member
    proudmom2 said:

Thanks
    Thank you everyone for your support I know I can get thru this I did it once I can do it again I just wasn't expecting it to happen less then a year since the last time and have some down times.

Well, heck..... );-(
    I can't think of one reason you're doctor should be anything BUT optimistic. If he/she isn't, then I'm onboard with the others that say it's time to get another opinion. You are living the nightmare that none of us want, but there are alot of good treatments out "there", and one is just right for you. AND, there are alot of long term survivors with lung mets and more, and they are doing just fine.

Hang tight, proudmom, and know that prayers for strength and courage are on the way.