Good Bye Chemo!!

Boppy_of_6
Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have finished my chemo!!!! Today was the last of my treatments and I am so excited to be done! It really did go by fast I never thought it would.I praise God for getting me through the chemo. I know all the wonderful support on here helped me do it too. God Bless you all. Have a great 4th
(((Hugs))) Janice

Comments

• Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Independence Day!
    Congrats, Janice! You did it. Now enjoy your holiday!
  • GayleMc
    GayleMc Member Posts: 311 Member

Independence Day!

Yay. Congrats. It is a big
    Yay. Congrats. It is a big load off your shoulders I'm sure.
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    You must be so happy!!!
    I am happy for you also!!!! Enjoy your holiday!!

Love Ronda
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    I loved thoughs words...GOOD
    I loved thoughs words...GOOD BYE CHEMO!!!!! Congradulations!!!
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    jo jo said:

Boppy, congratulations on
    Boppy, congratulations on finishing your chemo. I still have 4 more to go but I'm getting there too. Enjoy and relax and get refreshed for a while. Will you have to have radiation? Take good care of yourself and treat yourself to something special.
  • Boppy_of_6
    Sunrae said:

Boppy, congratulations on
    Boppy, congratulations on finishing your chemo. I still have 4 more to go but I'm getting there too. Enjoy and relax and get refreshed for a while. Will you have to have radiation? Take good care of yourself and treat yourself to something special.

Thank you all so very much!!
    Thank you all so very much!! Sunrae I will have 6 wks. of rads so still have a little further to go but thats ok. I plan on having a lazy weekend then I am going to treat myself to something, just have not decided what yet :o) I hope the rest of yours goes very quickly, you take care too. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • Beautiful Dawn7
    Beautiful Dawn7 Member Posts: 4
    chemo
    Congrats on your finishing chemo.

hey there i am about to start chemo next week. just got my port put in and i am scared. is it really hard? i am going to do ac followed by taxol. how was your experience?
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Congratulations on
    Congratulations on completing this major milestone

Hugs

Donna
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

Congratulations on
    Congratulations on completing this major milestone

Hugs

Donna

Congrats Boppy on saying Bye
    Congrats Boppy on saying Bye Bye to chemo!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

Independence Day!

Congratulations Janice!
    Congratulations Janice! Have a great holiday!
  • Boppy_of_6

chemo
    Congrats on your finishing chemo.

hey there i am about to start chemo next week. just got my port put in and i am scared. is it really hard? i am going to do ac followed by taxol. how was your experience?

Beautiful Dawn, my
    Beautiful Dawn, my experience was not to bad. I did not have a port. I had 4 rounds of Cytoxin and Taxotere. The worst for me was the tiredness and hot flashes. I was not sick at all, a slight bit of nausea with the first treatment but not bad at all. I was given anti nausea meds and steroids before each trt. to help with the side effects. I will say my first treatment I was scared but it was not near as bad as I thought it wound be. I had some wonderful nurses in the infusion room that were a blessing I am sure you will to. Remember to drink lots of water,water,water before during and after treatments. it really does help. I hope this will help you. My prayers will be with you, contact me anytime I can be of any help. We all handle this different but this board is great, someone can always answer your questions. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Megan M said:

Congrats Boppy on saying Bye
    Congrats Boppy on saying Bye Bye to chemo!

Boppy of 3 .. Congratulations -- Job well done
    don't you fill like lighting up a torch and running down the street.? There should be crowds of people and a TV crew recording all this.. or am I crazy?

This is a milestone .. do you know how many women at my Oncologist office, elect not to finish chemo treatments ?? 25 to 40% .. depending on their age.

Vicki Sam
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    jo jo said:

Goodbye to chemo!
    Goodbye to chemo! Congrats!

Have a great time now with no chemo ever again!