Phew! Glad 1st chemo is over

Snowkitty
Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Got there at 8 this morning, started with Dexamethasone and Zothan. Then Taxotere & the fun started. Within 3 minutes I was feeling "funny" from my tummy up. Then got very hot and turned red as a tomato...thought my head was gonna explode. Nurses were all over me and gave me benadryl then made my flow slower and it worked. No more reactions, even with the Cytoxan.

But they all decided it would be better for me to have a port, which I will do, as my veins are small and the Cytoxan is apparently hard on them.

Other than that, went grocery shopping for all the things you ladies said would taste ok.

Thanks a bunch.

Cindy

Comments

• Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Snowkitty, glad that you got
    Snowkitty, glad that you got through the first round. Good luck as you continue. Keept us updated!
    Hugs & prayers sent your way....
  • putzie
    putzie Member Posts: 66 Member
    Congratulations Snow!! Now
    Congratulations Snow!! Now you have one less chemo treatment to take!!! Make sure to take your anti-nausea meds even if you aren't feeling bad for a few days!!! XXX OOO
  • ScubaGirl
    ScubaGirl Member Posts: 32
    My first today too!
    I had adriomycin and cytotoxin today with a steroid and anti nausea. One down, seven to go! High five over the web!
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    ScubaGirl said:

My first today too!
    I had adriomycin and cytotoxin today with a steroid and anti nausea. One down, seven to go! High five over the web!

Congratulations Snowkitty! I
    Congratulations Snowkitty! I am glad you got number 1 over with. I take my last one tomorrow, it really does go by quickly! Drink lots of water and take care. Keep us posted. God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Tux said:

Snowkitty, glad that you got
    Snowkitty, glad that you got through the first round. Good luck as you continue. Keept us updated!
    Hugs & prayers sent your way....

Congrats snowkitty on
    Congrats snowkitty on getting that first chemo out of the way! Praying it continues with no side effects for you.

Good luck!
  • PNinMN
    PNinMN Member Posts: 28
    Glad you made it through!
    Keep fighting and make sure to stay hydrated...you can do this!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    PNinMN said:

Glad you made it through!
    Keep fighting and make sure to stay hydrated...you can do this!

Congrats Cindy!
    Sue :)

Congrats Cindy!

Sue :)
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    You did it!
    The first one is the longest. Now that they've gotten things figured out, the next ones will be smoother and faster. Enjoy your holiday, Cindy.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

You did it!
    The first one is the longest. Now that they've gotten things figured out, the next ones will be smoother and faster. Enjoy your holiday, Cindy.

SnowKitty .. Wow .. so much excitement your first
    time out .. Yes, a port will indeed help you .. Best of luck in having one installed before your next chemo treatment.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    ScubaGirl said:

My first today too!

Cross that first one off of
    Cross that first one off of your list! Congrats to you!
  • Kimosabe
    Kimosabe Member Posts: 43
    Good for you!

Good for you!