On my way to 1st chemo

Snowkitty
Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'll be leaving in a hour for first Cytoxan and Taxotere. Thanks to you ladies I feel pretty prepared for what to expect.

I think I've already gained 5 pounds.

Comments

• 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    Good morning Snowkity
    That's the same combo I get, my first was last week, it really wasn't so bad after all. I only felt sick once and that was on Friday around noon for 15 minutes, besides then I have been fine! Hopefully You'll do well also.

Love Ronda
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    good luck
    good luck in your first step on this journey....I am sure you will be ok.....let us know how you make out..........since we all have such different reactions and side effects...even on the same cocktails.... it is interesting. Just remember, this is a step towards the light at the end of the tunnel and the big dance with NED that we in treatment are all looking forward to!
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    good morning and good luck!
    i hope all goes well for you today - remember you are not alone, we are all beside you, giving you the support and love you need!
  • PNinMN
    PNinMN Member Posts: 28
    Good luck
    I will be on my way to my 4th round of 6 of TC shortly this morning. I have not felt sick much and have not thrown up at all thanks to the anti-nausea meds. Hope your docs give you some good ones too and your journey is as easy as it can be.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Snowkitty, I hope all is
    Snowkitty, I hope all is going well, you should be getting your infusion as I write this. Let us know how you are doing and be sure to drink lots of water. Good luck!!
  • MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    Starting chemo
    Hope all goes well for you - and that you'll feel good - or at least ok - during all of this.
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Thinking of you
    I hope you'll be surprised, as I was, at how relatively easy chemo is, compared to our fears! Good to know you feel prepared and informed.
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    PNinMN said:

Good luck
    I will be on my way to my 4th round of 6 of TC shortly this morning. I have not felt sick much and have not thrown up at all thanks to the anti-nausea meds. Hope your docs give you some good ones too and your journey is as easy as it can be.

Hope all goes well for you
    Hope all goes well for you today...and don't stress the weight...I gained about 20lbs...but I've already dropped 10 since finishing treatments....right now you actually need those calories....
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Thinking of you
    I hope you'll be surprised, as I was, at how relatively easy chemo is, compared to our fears! Good to know you feel prepared and informed.

Thanking of you .. Please let us know
    how you are doing .. write down questions, side efforts .. everything. This will help and aid your Onc and his/her staff in your future treatments.

Vicki Sam
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Snowkitty -
    Being prepared is half the battle - I hope everything goes smoothly for you!
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Good luck snowkitty...i had
    Good luck snowkitty...i had the same mix as you and just like someone else said, everyone reacts different even on the same mix. I really hope it goes smooth for ya!
    I gained 12 pounds but today i got on the scale and i lost 1 pound...I was so excited over 1 pound!!!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    MNLynn said:

Starting chemo
    Hope all goes well for you - and that you'll feel good - or at least ok - during all of this.

Hoping everything went ok
    Hoping everything went ok with your first chemo! Let us know!

Hugs, Megan