Revisiting an older dilemma

Options
froggy1
froggy1 Member Posts: 205
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I posted a few weeks ago about having to choose a new Doc when mine left the practice. My choice boiled down to a very experienced Doc with bad bedside manner to a newer Doc with less experience and a great bedside manner.
Most of you felt the bedside manner won out. WELL, I had my farewell visit yesterday and my Doc was convinced I should go with experience. He felt my condition was complicated and that down the road I would need experience! He did not even waver. SO, we will see how this goes. Then again, if my choice is my life or a nice bedside chat, I think I know what the right answer is..
Sadly, the Doc leaving had both...a rare treat.
Thanks for all the imput. Froggy

Comments

• Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    I'm with your
    I'm with your doctor......experience counts for a LOT. Actually, I would be shopping for experience first and second, one who believes in aggressive treatment. Bedside manner would be way down on my list.....right above looks. No McDreamy or McSteamy for me....I want McMeany - a doctor who gets up every morning, ready to kick some cancer butt!

Carlene
  • Unknown
    Options

I'm with your
    I'm with your doctor......experience counts for a LOT. Actually, I would be shopping for experience first and second, one who believes in aggressive treatment. Bedside manner would be way down on my list.....right above looks. No McDreamy or McSteamy for me....I want McMeany - a doctor who gets up every morning, ready to kick some cancer butt!

Carlene

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • froggy1
    froggy1 Member Posts: 205
    Options

I'm with your

Carlene

McDreamy
    'Not sure Carlene. If McDreamy had been the other choice, it would have been a tough decision! LOL