Drop in Platlets

Holdtight
Holdtight Member Posts: 151
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Hi! My platlets again dropped last visit for my 6th Avastin tx.. I am at 90,000 from 198,000 in September. The doc told me its possible that the Heperin in my port could be causing the thinning of blood and a multi vitamin might help me not feel so tired. I do have some swellingness in my spline from the chemo that could be making problems with the platlets too - I think. Anybody else have anything like this they can share with me. Some nights after work I can't keep my eyes open. It is frustrating. I can't stay awake to have fun in my free time. Any help would be great. Thanks again everybody. I love you all. Hugs.

Comments

• karafranny
    karafranny Member Posts: 14
    platelets
    hi holdtight,

i've had a low platelet count since last fall. currently im not in treatment. went thru folfox w/ avastin and cpt-11. chemo isnt working. may start a clinical trial. my spleen is enlarged & my reg oncologist thinks my spleen is holding onto my platelets. my last count was 75,000 usually i'm aroung 50,000. last wk i went to dana faber in boston the doctor told me to jump up & down a couple of times before they took blood, my platelet count was 97,000. i know this sounds crazy but maybe you should try it???? i did have a bone marrow biopsy to see if i was making enough platelets which was fine.
    good luck to you i hope your prognosis is good.
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342

platelets
    hi holdtight,

i've had a low platelet count since last fall. currently im not in treatment. went thru folfox w/ avastin and cpt-11. chemo isnt working. may start a clinical trial. my spleen is enlarged & my reg oncologist thinks my spleen is holding onto my platelets. my last count was 75,000 usually i'm aroung 50,000. last wk i went to dana faber in boston the doctor told me to jump up & down a couple of times before they took blood, my platelet count was 97,000. i know this sounds crazy but maybe you should try it???? i did have a bone marrow biopsy to see if i was making enough platelets which was fine.

Hiyas HT!!!
    Nice to see you! I have only been treated for platelets a couple times, and Tonight was my 2nd time. They like to be around 11,5000-15,000 or so...,mine today was 7,500 and that was low. I agree to 2 units which taked 2 hours or so to a unit to draw, and I had been complaining the last few weeks that the fatigue I have been having was awful!!! I had absolutely no energy to wash a dish, a cup, go outside for a walk, just the kind where all you could do is lay and just like last time, and told the dog find a cup, well, not even do that, keep it away for away for awhile, but wash the cup doggiewebs when I'm ready.

I know I don't have much experience in this post, but hope you do!

Hugsss!!
    ~Donna
  • Holdtight
    Holdtight Member Posts: 151

platelets
    hi holdtight,

HI!
    Thank you. LOL. I will definitely try jumping up and down. I'll stand on my head if I have too. It is good to hear they can go back up. Thanks for your post. God Bless! Hugs.