Emotions after treatment from cancer.org

Options
MNLynn
MNLynn Member Posts: 224
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
From the American Cancer Society website - I think this says it so well . . .

"For some people, emotions that were put aside during cancer treatment come flooding back all at once, and they feel overwhelmed with sadness, anger, or fear. Maybe you feel emotionally exhausted and tired all the time. Some of it may be the lingering side effects of treatment, but some of it feels as if your body and spirit are tired and need a long rest. It's been a long time since you could just relax.

All of these feelings make sense. You have just been through a difficult time. You have had to make some major life decisions. Your body has been assaulted by cancer and its treatment. Your outlook and your whole way of life have changed, at least for a time."

I can so relate to my body & spirit being tired and exhausted . . . I'd just like to crawl into a hammock in this nice fresh summer air and do NOTHING for a long time!

Comments

• Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Options
    MNLynn
    Thats exactly where I am at right now too, just want to crawl into bed for as long as my body can stand it & do nothing all day long.
  • Mariannemm
    Mariannemm Member Posts: 136
    Options
    Pinkpower said:

MNLynn
    Thats exactly where I am at right now too, just want to crawl into bed for as long as my body can stand it & do nothing all day long.

Me too
    That made so much sense! I am done with chemo as of last week. It has been 6 months of treatment. I am so glad my dr is giving me a couple of weeks off before I start radiation. I need the break! Marianne