Acupuncture

Options
waffle8
waffle8 Member Posts: 234
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Will be having my last chemo..Thurs...Sick of taking nausea meds. that do not work for me...I will be trying acupuncture the day after...This bc sure has brought a lot of new things in my life....But I am thankful.....

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    Then Thursday, we will all
    Then Thursday, we will all be celebrating with you Waffle! The end of chemo!!!!!

I know some on here use acupuncture for different things. I hope they post for you.

Lex♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Then Thursday, we will all
    Then Thursday, we will all be celebrating with you Waffle! The end of chemo!!!!!

I know some on here use acupuncture for different things. I hope they post for you.

Lex♥

I tried acupuncture for a
    I tried acupuncture for a bit, my insurance didi not cover it so I stopped. I may try it agian. it did help my mood. I actually should have suggested it on the thread about mood and meds. darn forgot. happy end of chemo reason to celebrate!!!!
  • Hubby
    Hubby Member Posts: 325
    Options
    Donna had her first
    Donna had her first acupuncture treatment the day before her first chemo treatment and her second one today. The acupuncturist (who is accredited by Sloan) said she has too much hopelessness and dispair;

NO SH*T

Anyway, anyone who is helping her see the glass as 90% full instead of obsessing on 10% empty (recurrence rates) is okay with me.

Bob
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    Options
    Hubby said:

Donna had her first
    Donna had her first acupuncture treatment the day before her first chemo treatment and her second one today. The acupuncturist (who is accredited by Sloan) said she has too much hopelessness and dispair;

NO SH*T

Anyway, anyone who is helping her see the glass as 90% full instead of obsessing on 10% empty (recurrence rates) is okay with me.

Bob

Hey I always say I am
    Hey I always say I am waiting for my glass to break....Thanks for input I will let you all know if the acupuncture helps the nausea..Sure can't hurt...Trying to get all my ducks in a row before my last treatment...Yea...
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    waffle8 said:

Hey I always say I am
    Hey I always say I am waiting for my glass to break....Thanks for input I will let you all know if the acupuncture helps the nausea..Sure can't hurt...Trying to get all my ducks in a row before my last treatment...Yea...

Isn't it interesting how
    Isn't it interesting how acupuncture can help with so many things?

I have never tried it, but, several on here that have, said it really helped them.

Hoping it helps you too Waffle.

Let us know!

Sue :)
  • JanInMN
    JanInMN Member Posts: 149
    Options
    I did acupuncture!
    Luckily I work at a hospital that offered it to me free of charge. I found it relaxing. I did not have much nausea at all, but I'm not sure if that was from the acupuncture or the meds i took. I found it did help with peripheral neuropathy. If my fingers were "tingly", my acupuncturist would put needles in my fingertips. It hurt for a few seconds, then it was fine. The tingling went away every time. The acupuncturist also said it would help boost immunity and keep my labs looking good. For the most part, they were! Best of luck!