News from the Cancer Front

Options
geotina
geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
So last Thursday George has his visit with the oncologist. The news sounds pretty good to me.All is looking good. No progression. Disease stable and still shrinking. CEA hasn't really gone down that much in the last 3 months, bounces between 17 and 20. That concerned me a little but the oncologist said those are good numbers, down about 97% from where we started so he is not concerned unless they were to double then we would need to see why and perhaps change treatment. All blood work is coming back with really good numbers. Lungs sound good (George had lots of lung mets, most are now gone). All liver panels are good. So, we stay the course and continue with the maintenance chemo of 5FU, Leucovorin weekly adding Avastin every other week. He is maintaining weight, appetite, but some days he is still fatigued but heck, he is working full time and still on chemo. He will scan after next visit in 8 weeks.

So all in all things look good. We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary on June 19th and last week after the doctor visit had the car already packed and drove to Chicago. George had business in Indiana so I went along, got on a train in Indiana on Friday into Chicago where I met our daughter and had a fabulous mom/daughter day, George drove into Chicago Friday evening and we spent a nice weekend visiting and shopping and of course visiting those fabulous Chicago restaurants.

Take care - Tina

Comments

• lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    sounds wonderful Tina!
    Hi Tina,

This is wonderful news! Encouraging to everyone on the board, I'm sure. :)
    So glad you had such a great time with your daughter and got to celebrate your 40th wedding anniversary. That's really something to brag about!

You take care and have a lovely week!

Lisa
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Options
    T & G
    Wow - 40 years! I can't count that high, LOL:)

Sounds like you had a marvelous time and what a great way to celebrate your time together, that's amazing. It was a regular family affair:)

Great news on George's progress - it just sounds better and better.

-Craig
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations !
    Congratulations on the good onc report + the 40th anniversary! How wonderful! I am really happy George is doing so well on this chemo egimen. It is so nice that you had the wonderful mother + daughter time too! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful news.
  • JDuke
    JDuke Member Posts: 438
    Options
    AnneCan said:

Wow! Congratulations !
    Congratulations on the good onc report + the 40th anniversary! How wonderful! I am really happy George is doing so well on this chemo egimen. It is so nice that you had the wonderful mother + daughter time too! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful news.

So happy for the good news!.
    Congratulations on your 40th Anniversary. Glad you were able to do something special to celebrate. May you enjoy many more!!!
    Blessings,
    Joanne
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    Options
    So glad to hear good news.
    So glad to hear good news. Also happy 40th. That is great!! You enjoy the good news and keep us posted. Paula
  • tabur
    tabur Member Posts: 71
    Options
    Tina and George
    Congratulations on 40 years together! In 8 years we will hit that milestone. Wishing you two many, many more years together!

Pam and Al
  • pf78248
    pf78248 Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Wonderful news!
    Oh, Tina, all of that sounds so good. George is doing so well. I really admire him for continuing to work. And your trip sounds wonderful! David and I just celebrated 37 years and I would love to make it to 40 and beyond. Chicago is one of my all time favorite cities. We used to live in St. Louis and we would visit often.

I really am thrilled for both of you!

Hugs and Healing,
    Priscilla
  • msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    wow!
    good news all around! Sounds like George is really doing great! 40 years is most certainly something to celebrate! Hope you have many more celebrations to come!
    mary
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Tina
    Tina,
    It sounds like good news, things are stable. Glad to hear that you two got away for a bit. How lovely to enjoy a mother/daughter day. :)

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • ktlcs
    ktlcs Member Posts: 358
    Options

Tina
    Tina,
    It sounds like good news, things are stable. Glad to hear that you two got away for a bit. How lovely to enjoy a mother/daughter day. :)

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Congrats!
    40 Years together, that is wonderful, here's to 50!

K
  • Erinb
    Erinb Member Posts: 293
    Options
    Congratulations on your 40th
    Congratulations on your 40th wedding anniversary, and the great news! Have you ever been to Maggiano's in Chicago? It's one of my favorites. We are planning to go to Chicago in August to see a Cubs game and we'll be sure to eat there. Our daughter just turned two so we'll make a short vacation and visit the zoo the following day. My husband loves Chicago. It's fine to visit, but I enjoy the pace of our small town in Ohio.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    wonderful!
    Wonderful!

So/glad/for/you!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • sheri22
    sheri22 Member Posts: 273
    Options
    GLAD THINGS ARE GOING WELL