CA125

South Jersey
South Jersey Member Posts: 89
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I just got the results of my CA125 test. Although it was a slight increase (from 13 to 15.3), I can't help but be scared. I sometimes feel like I am just waiting for the "beast" to return. I see my oncologist on Thursday, so I am hoping it may be time for a scan (my last one was six months ago). For now, I will try not to dwell on it. Instead, I am going to go cheer on my seven year old in his first swim meet of the season.
Good thoughts to everyone!

Comments

• Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Hi South Jersey
    A rise of 2.5 is very insignificant and it is still well in the normal range. I think rise's in CA125 can also happen because of other things that aren't related to your cancer. Just keep thinking it is within the normal range 0 - 35.

Take care Tina xx
  • Tasgirl
    Tasgirl Member Posts: 85
    Hi South Jersey
    My

Hi South Jersey
    My oncologist kept telling me not to be fixated on the numbers (easy for them to say) but if it is in the range that's fine. My has been creeping up a couple of markers every time and I am paranoid. Next test is end of July so we will see.
    Hope your son did well in his swim meet.
    Jenny
  • South Jersey
    Tasgirl said:

Hi South Jersey
    My

Hi South Jersey
    My oncologist kept telling me not to be fixated on the numbers (easy for them to say) but if it is in the range that's fine. My has been creeping up a couple of markers every time and I am paranoid. Next test is end of July so we will see.
    Hope your son did well in his swim meet.
    Jenny

Good luck with your test at
    Good luck with your test at the end of July... praying that your numbers will remain low.
    Hopefully, mine will not increase over the next few months.
  • South Jersey

Hi South Jersey
    A rise of 2.5 is very insignificant and it is still well in the normal range. I think rise's in CA125 can also happen because of other things that aren't related to your cancer. Just keep thinking it is within the normal range 0 - 35.

Take care Tina xx

Thanks!
    Tina,
    Thanks so much for your encouraging words. I am so grateful to the ladies on this site... it makes such a difference discussing my cancer with women going through the same circumstances.
    Take care!
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Hello South Jersey,
    I know

Hello South Jersey,

I know what you mean about "just waiting for the beast to return", but as everyone has stated we really can't let the numbers get the best of us.

My ca-125 was 3 about 2weeks ago, so I too find myself wondering and fearing if they will rise when I go to my doctor in 2 months and of course to some degree we pay attention to those numbers because we know what the rising numbers can mean ( and that's what drives me up the wall!) but not necessarily meaning anything either. aaaaggggh!

As a 3year survivor of stage IV ovca, I found quickly I had to let go of that fear or not be able to live/function the rest of my life.

Enjoy your sons' meet and enjoy your summer.

Sharon
  • South Jersey

Hello South Jersey,
    I know

Hello South Jersey,

I know what you mean about "just waiting for the beast to return", but as everyone has stated we really can't let the numbers get the best of us.

My ca-125 was 3 about 2weeks ago, so I too find myself wondering and fearing if they will rise when I go to my doctor in 2 months and of course to some degree we pay attention to those numbers because we know what the rising numbers can mean ( and that's what drives me up the wall!) but not necessarily meaning anything either. aaaaggggh!

As a 3year survivor of stage IV ovca, I found quickly I had to let go of that fear or not be able to live/function the rest of my life.

Enjoy your sons' meet and enjoy your summer.

Sharon

Thanks for sharing your
    Thanks for sharing your story... it gives me so much hope!