Books on cancer

beth1465
beth1465 Member Posts: 63 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Can anyone recommend any books about cancer that deal with nutrition or cancer prevention? Is the "Anti Cancer Book" a good resource? Just want to do everyting I can to prevent a recurrance (even though I'm not sure my cancer is gone yet, but I'm hopin'!).

Beth

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • oska
    oska Member Posts: 36
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Anti cancer book
    Hi Nancy, is the author David Servan Schreiber? Looked it up on line sounds like a good book to read. Thankyou for your input .
  • Tasgirl
    Tasgirl Member Posts: 85
    Hi Beth
    Here in Australia

Hi Beth
    Here in Australia there is a book called 'You can conquer Cancer' written by Ian Gawler. They have a website www.gawler.org Ian Gawler is a real inspiration for cancer sufferers here in Aust. The other book I found interesting was "How to prevent and treat cancer with Natural Medicine" by Dr Michael Murray.
    Hope that helps Jenny
  • beth1465
    beth1465 Member Posts: 63 Member
    Tasgirl said:

Hi Beth
    Here in Australia

Hi Beth
    Here in Australia there is a book called 'You can conquer Cancer' written by Ian Gawler. They have a website www.gawler.org Ian Gawler is a real inspiration for cancer sufferers here in Aust. The other book I found interesting was "How to prevent and treat cancer with Natural Medicine" by Dr Michael Murray.
    Hope that helps Jenny

Thanks!
    I'll check into these!
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Hello Beth,
    I realize I've

Hello Beth,

I realize I've posted a bit late, however; I just wanted to add an additional book that you could possibly reference as well. I think every bit of info one gets can't be anything but helpful.

I really enjoyed reading "Crazy Sexy cancer tips" by kris carr.

It was not only informative but it was also lighthearted about a serious illness with many helpful tips.

It was easy reading for me at a time when I was just diagnosed with stage IV ovca and everything that crossed my mind was overwhelming. This book made it easy for a person in shock (as I was) to grasp and absorb this illness called cancer.

Sharon