Options
2»

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

Oh sweet sister! The agony
    Oh sweet sister! The agony in your heart was so apparent in your words. I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for you to put everything "on paper" and post it. I am glad only for one thing; that you felt that this is your safe place to land, and you knew that this would be the place to get the cyber hugs and support and understanding you need.

So many of us have lost our fathers, myself included and the void is never quite filled. Our fathers have such a profound influence on our lives, and you were one of the fortunate ones to have a close, meaningful and good relationship with him. It will hold you up during the difficult days, just knowing you are his daughter.

Your husband....I will reserve comment about that. It is such a painful betrayal; one that defies understanding. I hope you find a peaceful place to be~physically and emotionally. I am sorry your grief has been compounded by this.

Hold your head high, relish the life lessons your father taught you, and the woman he helped you to become.

Hugs and condolences,

Chen♥

My sympathy
    I am so sorry at the loss of your Father. I can't understand how hard it is, but, I know it

seems insurmountable. Father's always play such a big role in our upbringing and in the

forming of what we are to be. I am so thankful that I still have my Dad!

I hope that by your coming here and posting this, that somehow, it does give you comfort to

see how all of your bc sisters in pink surround you with love and compassion. I pray that

you know we are always here for you, in the good and in the bad.

Now, for you husband, what can I say. For him to do this to you, during such an awful time

is just horrible. I don't know what other word to use.

So, know that we all send our sympathy to you and offer you our cyber hugs and strength,

should you need it.

With sympathy,

Diane
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    DianeBC said:

My sympathy
    I am so sorry at the loss of your Father. I can't understand how hard it is, but, I know it

seems insurmountable. Father's always play such a big role in our upbringing and in the

forming of what we are to be. I am so thankful that I still have my Dad!

I hope that by your coming here and posting this, that somehow, it does give you comfort to

see how all of your bc sisters in pink surround you with love and compassion. I pray that

you know we are always here for you, in the good and in the bad.

Now, for you husband, what can I say. For him to do this to you, during such an awful time

is just horrible. I don't know what other word to use.

So, know that we all send our sympathy to you and offer you our cyber hugs and strength,

should you need it.

With sympathy,

Diane

Becky
    I am very sorry for your loss. My heart does out to you.
    With greatest sympathy,
    New Flower
  • Snowkitty
    Snowkitty Member Posts: 295
    Options

Becky
    I am very sorry for your loss. My heart does out to you.
    With greatest sympathy,
    New Flower

I'm sorry to hear about your
    I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Both my parents are gone now and I miss them dearly.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to read that
    I am so sorry to read that your father has passed away. I know how difficult it is to lose our parents. I lost my dad many years ago and my mother just 4 years ago. Be thankful that you got to spend time with your dad. Don't beat yourself up about your eating habits, just realize, as you have, that they have not been the greatest in recent weeks and do what you can to rectify that. You are coming down the home stretch and almost finished with radiation. That's a feat in itself. Take care of yourself and again, I am sending my heartfelt sympathy to YOU.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

I am so sorry to read that your father has passed away. I know how difficult it is to lose our parents. I lost my dad many years ago and my mother just 4 years ago. Be thankful that you got to spend time with your dad. Don't beat yourself up about your eating habits, just realize, as you have, that they have not been the greatest in recent weeks and do what you can to rectify that. You are coming down the home stretch and almost finished with radiation. That's a feat in itself. Take care of yourself and again, I am sending my heartfelt sympathy to YOU.

I am so sorry to read that your Dad has passed. You have my deepest sympathy.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    MNLynn said:

in my thoughts & prayers
    Please know that you are in my thoughts & prayers . . . so much going on for you - sending hugs & hope they help you know that you are not alone.

Keeping you in my thoughts
    Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! So sorry for the loss of your Dad.

Hugs, Jan
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    susie09 said:

I am so sorry to read that your Dad has passed. You have my deepest sympathy.

Just want to say
    you have all my empathy. You have more than your share of yuckiness all piled together in one wheelbarrow and it's not fun and it's not fair and it just stinks.

I'm really sorry.

Victoria
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    aisling8 said:

Just want to say
    you have all my empathy. You have more than your share of yuckiness all piled together in one wheelbarrow and it's not fun and it's not fair and it just stinks.

I'm really sorry.

Victoria

You have my sympathy for
    You have my sympathy for your loss.

Hugs, Angie
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Angie2U said:

You have my sympathy for
    You have my sympathy for your loss.

Hugs, Angie

The pain and anger you must be feeling .. deep inside
    I am so very sorry for your lost, your amazing Dad. My deepest sympathy. Hospice, and not even knowing that the end was near. I hope everyday was filled with love and wonderful stories to last a lifetime.

Please focus your engergy on yourself and Mom. 1/2 way done with Rad's -- I pray that the balance of treatments will be a breeze for you. Keep your eye on that finish line .. don't let any joker keep you from finishing .. It will all be worth it.

As for your personal struggle with your Husband ?? The clouds will clear, and the answers you are looking for will appear and make sense to you.

Keep the faith, and God's speedy recovery for you.

VickiSam
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Options
    VickiSam said:

The pain and anger you must be feeling .. deep inside
    I am so very sorry for your lost, your amazing Dad. My deepest sympathy. Hospice, and not even knowing that the end was near. I hope everyday was filled with love and wonderful stories to last a lifetime.

Please focus your engergy on yourself and Mom. 1/2 way done with Rad's -- I pray that the balance of treatments will be a breeze for you. Keep your eye on that finish line .. don't let any joker keep you from finishing .. It will all be worth it.

As for your personal struggle with your Husband ?? The clouds will clear, and the answers you are looking for will appear and make sense to you.

Keep the faith, and God's speedy recovery for you.

VickiSam

Dear Rrogers, My deepest
    Dear Rrogers, My deepest sympathy for the loss of your father. May God comfort you and your family during this sad time. Its obvious that you are a faithful and strong woman and your burden will get lighter as time goes on. I'm so sorry that your marriage isn't working very well right now and sorry that your husband is causing you more stress and disappointment along with the feeling of betrayal, just when you don't need anymore of any of it. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time and may you feel our love enfolding you and holding you close.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Dear Rrogers, My deepest
    Dear Rrogers, My deepest sympathy for the loss of your father. May God comfort you and your family during this sad time. Its obvious that you are a faithful and strong woman and your burden will get lighter as time goes on. I'm so sorry that your marriage isn't working very well right now and sorry that your husband is causing you more stress and disappointment along with the feeling of betrayal, just when you don't need anymore of any of it. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time and may you feel our love enfolding you and holding you close.

Rogers, please update us to
    Rogers, please update us to tell us how you are doing. We tend to worry and are concerned about you.

Please take good care of yourself.

Sue :)
  • rrogers34
    rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Rogers, please update us to
    Rogers, please update us to tell us how you are doing. We tend to worry and are concerned about you.

Please take good care of yourself.

Lost my Dad June 21st
    Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement. Each posting brought tears to my eyes, to see that my sisters in Pink have more compassion and concern than my own husband.
    I truly am blessed to have each one of you. Thank Goodness I took alot after my Dad, he was a fighter and full of love, strength and determination. I am doing okay. I am getting through this by writting letters to my Dad, keeping my promise to take care of my Mom, and taking care of myself. Knowing he is in "the PERFECT" place also helps alot. I'm working on photo albums for each one in my family, Dad and Me, or Papaw and me etc. I am watching tapes, to hear his voice. As for my "hubby", he and I need to do some serious talking. One of the biggest reasons I dont just tell him to leave, is he has not been called back to work and I have to carry him on my insurance. He had a heart attack at the age of 40. His entire family lives in Florida. I dont want to leave him homeless or without medical insurance. I have the peace and love of my heavenly Father and knowing that my earthly Father is with him also gives me peace. I am blessed to have been given my Dad's ability for unconditional love.
    Though I love my Husband as a person, I know that I "can" make it on my own. For as my Dad says, no matter what I am never alone. I have my Lord and my Family, my friends and always, my sisters in pink. I hope to be on here more and to be able to support all of you when things get rough, and to encourage where encouragement is needed, to celebrate every victory,
    every milestone we each acheive. I truly love you all and so blessed by all of you. I will keep you posted. Thanks so much for all of your love, support and prayers, cyber hugs. I wish I could hug each of you personally, but since I can't I am sending HUGE ((((cyber hugs)))) to each one you.

God Bless you, He certaintly has blessed me with each one of you.

Love
    Becky
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    rrogers34 said:

Lost my Dad June 21st
    Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement. Each posting brought tears to my eyes, to see that my sisters in Pink have more compassion and concern than my own husband.
    I truly am blessed to have each one of you. Thank Goodness I took alot after my Dad, he was a fighter and full of love, strength and determination. I am doing okay. I am getting through this by writting letters to my Dad, keeping my promise to take care of my Mom, and taking care of myself. Knowing he is in "the PERFECT" place also helps alot. I'm working on photo albums for each one in my family, Dad and Me, or Papaw and me etc. I am watching tapes, to hear his voice. As for my "hubby", he and I need to do some serious talking. One of the biggest reasons I dont just tell him to leave, is he has not been called back to work and I have to carry him on my insurance. He had a heart attack at the age of 40. His entire family lives in Florida. I dont want to leave him homeless or without medical insurance. I have the peace and love of my heavenly Father and knowing that my earthly Father is with him also gives me peace. I am blessed to have been given my Dad's ability for unconditional love.
    Though I love my Husband as a person, I know that I "can" make it on my own. For as my Dad says, no matter what I am never alone. I have my Lord and my Family, my friends and always, my sisters in pink. I hope to be on here more and to be able to support all of you when things get rough, and to encourage where encouragement is needed, to celebrate every victory,
    every milestone we each acheive. I truly love you all and so blessed by all of you. I will keep you posted. Thanks so much for all of your love, support and prayers, cyber hugs. I wish I could hug each of you personally, but since I can't I am sending HUGE ((((cyber hugs)))) to each one you.

Love
    Becky

Becky -
    My heartfelt sympathy to you and your Mother on the passing of your Dad. I lost my Dad on 9/2/1970 - and sometimes it still feels like yesterday. I miss him so much so I know the pain you are feeling. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Like the others, I won't say anything bad about your husband. You have enough to deal with and my heart goes out to you.
    Hugs - Pat
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Options
    rrogers34 said:

Lost my Dad June 21st

Love
    Becky

Your are an amazing woman.
    Your are an amazing woman. Wonderful daughter of our Heavenly Father. My the Lord keep you in his arms. So sorry about your Dad. It sounds like he was amazing too. Stay strong, keep us posted. Huge Hug right back at you.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    rrogers34 said:

Lost my Dad June 21st

Love
    Becky

You are an amazing woman
    You are an amazing woman Becky and such a good Christian! I will continue to pray for you and hope that each and every day you feel better!

• BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    So sorry for you
    So sorry for you loss.

Sending hugs and prayers.

Donna
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

I am so sorry for the loss
    I am so sorry for the loss of your father. My Dad and I were very close and in August it will be five years that I lost him to lung cancer and not a day goes by that I don't think of him.
    God bless and keep you in his prayers.
    Wanda

I'm sorry. Keeping you in
    I'm sorry. Keeping you in my prayers!

God bless you!