Nipple Update

SamuraiMom
SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi All,

Well, it's been almost a week since my nips were constructed and I'm doing great.

Had to recreate the "monopoly hotel" cover (thing protecting the nip on all sides all the way to the top) on my own by sterilizing a sponge and cutting a hole in it but other than that it's all good.

Like a lot of you I had a major reaction to the tape and switched it out for paper tape which was 1000 times better!

Heavy bruising on the tops of both but the pain is minimal.

I change out the gauze and put neosporin on them daily.

I have to be careful not to "smush" them or they could collapse so sleeping is a little less delightful lately.

I'm told this will be the deal for the next 6-8 weeks.

Still a lot less harder than what I've been through already!

Love to All!

xxoo,
SamuraiMom

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Sounds like you are coping
    Sounds like you are coping very well! I am so happy for you!

Hoping the next few weeks go fast for you and easily!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    They really could collapse?
    So, they take 6-8 weeks to heal? Before that, they can collapse, and after that, they won't?

Did the first monopoly hotel disintegrate? How are you disguising them under your clothing, or are you?

Fascinating stuff for those of us contemplating getting nipples! You're our "go to" girl for info on this -- thanks.
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175

So, they take 6-8 weeks to heal? Before that, they can collapse, and after that, they won't?

Did the first monopoly hotel disintegrate? How are you disguising them under your clothing, or are you?

Fascinating stuff for those of us contemplating getting nipples! You're our "go to" girl for info on this -- thanks.

yes...i have the same
    yes...i have the same questions as christine louise.
    Glad everything is going good.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    jo jo said:

yes...i have the same
    yes...i have the same questions as christine louise.
    Glad everything is going good.

Glad you are doing so well
    Glad you are doing so well and so happy! We need more of that around here!

Sue :)
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295

Nipply
    Yes...collapse! That was shocking! Apparently they shrink over time but you have to be careful the first few weeks while they heal apparently.

The monopoly hotel did fall apart so for a few days a fashioned one out of a new sterilized kitchen sponge that I cut a hole in...but honestly after I called the Doc the nurse told me to just stack up a bunch of gauze pads and cut a hole in those and tape them on. That's working better and is more easily disguisable under clothing.

I had a old poorly fitting bra with a huge empty space in the front of the cup that worked in disguising the monopoly hotels but I prefer now to do the gauze thing with a soft stretchy camisole instead.

Love to everyone!!!!

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom