Happy news--markers down more

CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My CEA is now down to 5.1 (was 8.8) and Ca 27.29 is now 36 (down from 80. Yea! My oncologist says I don't need to see him for 4 months. My only problem is the zometa is tearing up my veins, but I'm going to try and stick it out without a port for as long as I can. But just had to share this very happy news!

Comments

• survives
    survives Member Posts: 254 Member
    Great News!!
    I get my tumor markers done the end of this month, and am hoping for results such as yours!! Fantastic news!!

Cheers!; and here's to your continuing good health.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    survives said:

Great News!!
    I get my tumor markers done the end of this month, and am hoping for results such as yours!! Fantastic news!!

Cheers!; and here's to your continuing good health.

awesome. i get mine in Aug.
    awesome. i get mine in Aug. pretty anxious
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-)
    That is great news, congrats! Let us know how things go with the Zometa, again congrats!
  • 2Floridiansisters
    2Floridiansisters Member Posts: 384 Member
    RE said:

:-)
    That is great news, congrats! Let us know how things go with the Zometa, again congrats!

Can you please explain ro us newly diagnosed........
    what are you talking about? I truly have no idea what markers are. And I guess it's something I should learn about whether I want to or not.

Love Ronda, ps, I am happy for you if it's good news!!!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

what are you talking about? I truly have no idea what markers are. And I guess it's something I should learn about whether I want to or not.

Congratulation!
    You are having a nice break. Good results you are in full remission!. Congratulations!
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member

Congratulation!
    You are having a nice break. Good results you are in full remission!. Congratulations!

Don't hold out too long before you decide on a port.
    Remember you have to use your veins for the rest of your life and if you get them too damaged now you could have problems down the line. In fact some of the girls were talking about this a few days ago.

I love my port and plan on keeping forever. I just had a port flush and blood test today, no pain, no stabbing me a bazillion times.

Good luck whichever you decide.

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    carkris said:

awesome. i get mine in Aug.
    awesome. i get mine in Aug. pretty anxious

Markers down! Yeh! Great
    Markers down! Yeh! Great news!

Hugs, Leeza
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

: )
    Great news!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Grrrrrreat news! xoxoxoxo
    Grrrrrreat news! xoxoxoxo Lynn
  • CypressCynthia
    Skeezie said:

Don't hold out too long before you decide on a port.
    Remember you have to use your veins for the rest of your life and if you get them too damaged now you could have problems down the line. In fact some of the girls were talking about this a few days ago.

I love my port and plan on keeping forever. I just had a port flush and blood test today, no pain, no stabbing me a bazillion times.

Good luck whichever you decide.

Hugs, Judy :-)

You are absolutely right!
    You are absolutely right! My problem is that I'm a nurse practitioner and I place central lines (PICCs and UAC/UVCs) in infants and know that they can have serious adverse effects. I also know that these are not common or expected but sometimes ignorance is bliss! Knowledge can sometimes make things much more complicated. I promise that I will discuss this more with my oncologist at my next visit.
  • CypressCynthia

Hope this helps!
    Cancer markers are substances produced by cancer that can be detected in blood tests. Common cancer marker tests used for breast cancer are CEA, CA 15-3, and CA 27.29. Cancer markers can not be used for diagnosis as inflammation and other illnesses can cause elevations in your markers. Down the road, your oncologist will regularly test your markers as an indication of your response to treatment. The most important thing is how the numbers are trending.

Below is an ACS site about tumor markers:

http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/UnderstandingYourDiagnosis/ExamsandTestDescriptions/TumorMarkers/index
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Congratulation!

Great news Cynthia!

Great news Cynthia!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    lynn1950 said:

Grrrrrreat news! xoxoxoxo
    Grrrrrreat news! xoxoxoxo Lynn

Really good news!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Hope this helps!
    Cancer markers are substances produced by cancer that can be detected in blood tests. Common cancer marker tests used for breast cancer are CEA, CA 15-3, and CA 27.29. Cancer markers can not be used for diagnosis as inflammation and other illnesses can cause elevations in your markers. Down the road, your oncologist will regularly test your markers as an indication of your response to treatment. The most important thing is how the numbers are trending.

Below is an ACS site about tumor markers:

http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/UnderstandingYourDiagnosis/ExamsandTestDescriptions/TumorMarkers/index

Thanks for posting the site
    Thanks for posting the site about this. I really never understood what they were.