Has anyone experienced this?

survivor3innj
survivor3innj Member Posts: 22
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hi everyone! I still periodically check this board to see how you guys are doing. As always, I wish you all well. I've decided to write today because I have a question for "the experts." If you remember, I came on this site out of concern for my sis.Her CA-125 kept rising. At last check(which has been months), it had gradually risen to 45. It had started in the single digits.A little history on my sis.She had breast cancer in '02,had a partial hysterectomy in '03 (they left her ovaries). Recently, she had eye surgery which she had some complications with. Apparently, she was allergic to the "healing" ointment. Because of this, they ended out running some blood work and a urinanalysis....drum roll...it came back that she is pregnant!!!!She's 58 yrs. old!!! My sis can NOT be pregnant! If she is, she might be on the cover of some magazine!! My sis went online(I don't know what site she went to)and read that a false positive for pregnancy could mean a tumor. This is why I need my experts.I'm sure my sis will find out soon enough what this is all about, but I told her I would ask "the girls"- you guys ARE the experts!!! Thank you so much!!! Hugs to all of you!!! I have to ask...do we know how Dorion is? I think of her often, she's been through alot.

Comments

• Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Concentrations of hCG in non
    Concentrations of hCG in non pregnant women increase with age and may produce false-positive pregnancy tests. Also, some drugs, including antihistamines and certain antibiotics, can cause a false positive.

And some tumors can also be the culprit. It's important to remember, though, that not all tumors are malignant.

Carlene
  • survivor3innj
    survivor3innj Member Posts: 22

Concentrations of hCG in non
    Concentrations of hCG in non pregnant women increase with age and may produce false-positive pregnancy tests. Also, some drugs, including antihistamines and certain antibiotics, can cause a false positive.

And some tumors can also be the culprit. It's important to remember, though, that not all tumors are malignant.

Carlene

thank you
    Thanks for replying so quickly- before I went into bigtime worry mode. Once again you have helped me tremendously!!! I wish you all the best!!! hugs!!