I met a young man today

Options
Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I went to the store to pick up some 'stuff' for the horses. As I was walking out one of the employees said he was going to help me out (I hadn't asked, only had 1 50lb bag and some light stuff). (My hair still is so short it screams "CHEMO") As he loaded my feed, we started talking and I found out that not only did/does his Mother and 2 sisters have DX for BC but his Father was DX 10 years ago and had a mastectomy. (Yes, I do believe that he was being honest.) All are NED now.

I'm not sure why I'm posting this now. Because I'm IBC there is no reason for my Sons or G-daughter to worry, but when 'The Monster' raises it's ugly head from both sides of the family?

Thoughts!

I hope I;ve made sense - IF I didn't ask and I'll try to make sense.

This young man will always be in my prayer rather I see him again or not.

Susan

Comments

• Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    Nice story!
    Every once in a while, even now, Moopy and I both randomly run into people whose lives have been attacked by BC. Most recently, I was waited on at the Verizon store by a young guy with a pink wristband on... turns out his ex-girlfriend's Mom is being treated for BC and he's wearing it in her honor. He mentioned that he sometimes got a lot of crap about wearing pink, but once he explained why, people tended to shut up real fast.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Aortus said:

Nice story!
    Every once in a while, even now, Moopy and I both randomly run into people whose lives have been attacked by BC. Most recently, I was waited on at the Verizon store by a young guy with a pink wristband on... turns out his ex-girlfriend's Mom is being treated for BC and he's wearing it in her honor. He mentioned that he sometimes got a lot of crap about wearing pink, but once he explained why, people tended to shut up real fast.

yes you just never know. he
    yes you just never know. he has such a strong genetic link. I have heard it it is stronger with a male relative having it. dont know why. How hard is it to detect in men I wonder?