Arimidex - Any suggestions when I start

Options
EdnaM
EdnaM Member Posts: 30
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Getting ready to start Arimidex and wondering if anyone has suggestions as to best time of
day to take or any other helpful hints. I'm pretty nervous about taking it; unfortunately, I don't always do well with meds. aside from allergic reactions to many I also get upset stomach, etc. Oncologist has said be sure I have epi-pen handy, etc. How long has it taken others to feel ok taking Arimidex?

Comments

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Options
    I take mine with dinner.
    I'm on other meds that I take in the morning. And I take Ambien to sleep - have been since menopause started. This time works for me. I started June 1 and am doing well. Leg cramping, though. I think this is a side effect since I didn't have it before.

Sue
  • MNLynn
    MNLynn Member Posts: 224
    Options
    Arimidex
    I just started taking my Arimidex three days ago - not sure what to expect for side effects, if any. I'm taking mine in the morning. When I see my oncologist in July, I might ask her when she would suggest is the best time to take it. I know I was told that joint pain could be one of the side effects I may see, and she told me to take Tylenol for that if it happens. I guess I'll just have to be aware of possible side effects so that I can let my dr know if any of those things happen.
    Hope all goes well for you!
  • j2twin
    j2twin Member Posts: 28
    Options
    I take mine at noon because
    I take mine at noon because of other meds in morning. Have been having leg cramps that I did not have before. Benn on it for two weeks.
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    j2twin said:

I take mine at noon because
    I take mine at noon because of other meds in morning. Have been having leg cramps that I did not have before. Benn on it for two weeks.

Dinner
    I pop it along with the anti-cholesterol and calcium stuff at dinner. I was scared to death of the side effects. It's been a month and I'm fine. No problems. Not even a hot flash. Just went to my three-month check with the oncologist and of course I asked her what this means and she said "That you're lucky." She said no side effects does NOT mean it's not working which, of course, I assumed.

Hopefully you'll have my same good experience.

Victoria