lcarper2, Louann VERY ILL and in hospital * MONDAY UPDATE

Options
2»

Comments

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

Louann will be moved back to
    Louann will be moved back to a regular room from ICU tomorrow. Her blood sugar was over 500 and her dka was off the chart so they did a CAT scan and something to do with her stomach that will not let food digest (second hand info) but she is resting and stable for now. Keep lifting her in prayer

Praying
    Thanks for keeping us updated, Diane. Louann, I am praying for you, dear.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Stomach Caking
    Louann has stomach caking. That's a very bad sign. The cancer has moved into her stomach and the lining of her stomach has thickened so that she cannot digest any foods. There's no treatment options.

She did tell the doctor and family she wants no chemo just to let her rest and keep the pain down. Her blood pressure went very high last night so they still have her in ICU.
  • khl8
    khl8 Member Posts: 807
    Options

Stomach Caking
    Louann has stomach caking. That's a very bad sign. The cancer has moved into her stomach and the lining of her stomach has thickened so that she cannot digest any foods. There's no treatment options.

She did tell the doctor and family she wants no chemo just to let her rest and keep the pain down. Her blood pressure went very high last night so they still have her in ICU.

I am devestated. Have her
    I am devestated. Have her in my prayers!
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options

Stomach Caking

dont know what to say
    lm heartbroken
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options

Stomach Caking

sad
    Wow- I'm so sad over this. It was just early February (when I was in limbo and was looking for a treatment) that Louann actually sent her leftover Xeloda to me because she said she "didn't need it". Within a day of receiving it from her, she emailed me asking for me to mail it back to her- she had gotten her scan results and the cancer had spread.
    So, that means she's gone for four months now and it has gotten to this point.
    I will be praying for peace and minimal pain for the rest of her time on earth.
    It's so hard being on this board sometimes- but that's we do now- we are a support group to each other and we take the bad news with the good. I'm so sorry for Louann and for her husband and family.
    Thanks, Diane, for continuing to update us.

Lisa