Celebrating 3 years since dx 3C Stg3!

kayandok
kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
June 26th, 2007, Dr. Koyama leaned over my bed in the recovery room and said, "I'm sorry to tell you that you have ovarian cancer, stage 3C." Then he walked away. I suddenly couldn't breath and felt like I had been shot in the chest. I was still very drugged and very confused. I thought my life was over!

Well, today I am on a break from treatment, but very much alive and have a good QOL. I still dream of dancing with NED and plan on fighting to do that.

I want to thank all of you for your support and love, you have made my journey easier and much more fun. I love all of you!!!

kathleen
in Japan

Comments

• Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Fantastic
    3 years is fantastic, hope I can have some of that. Heres to another 3 years and so on ......

BTW, it was a horrible way of telling you that you had cancer. I remember my experience and it was like someone had punched my in the stomach and I was told in a compassionate way so it must've been awful for you.

Great news Kathleen, enjoy it.

Tina
    in the UK
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Congrats!!!
    Dearest Kathleen, congrats on both the 3yr and the break...prayers of thanksgiving for this milestone for you and for you in our lives. Hug ♥ Prayers Bonnie
  • hockeygolf7
    hockeygolf7 Member Posts: 52
    Congratulations!!!! Always
    Congratulations!!!! Always great to hear news like that. I am 13 months from my dx. Am looking forward to many many more months (years). I also was dx 3c. I have a question about 3c stage 3. What is stage 3? No one told me about any stages.
  • Congratulations!!!! Always
    Congratulations!!!! Always great to hear news like that. I am 13 months from my dx. Am looking forward to many many more months (years). I also was dx 3c. I have a question about 3c stage 3. What is stage 3? No one told me about any stages.

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • NCEllen
    NCEllen Member Posts: 115
    Hooray for Trinity Years!
    Kathleen, that is such a wonderful milestone to mark on the 'special' calendar! Hope you have a wonderful time visiting family this summer. I'm sure you will get some extra strength to continue with a successful punch-back. Taking the stroll leads to the dance and you're headed in the right direction. Smiles and sunshine to you - Ellen
  • Disneynutt
    Disneynutt Member Posts: 134 Member
    Congratulations to you. May
    Congratulations to you. May you have many more celebrations!
    -Kate
  • Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834

Congratulations to you. May
    Congratulations to you. May you have many more celebrations!
    -Kate

Congrats! You look great!
    Congrats! You look great! May you have many, many more "anniversaries" to come.

My primary care doctor called me from his cell phone, on his way out of town, to give me what I thought was the result of my gall bladder test. He said, "It's not your gall bladder. It looks like you have ovarian cancer. The survival rate is less than 30 per cent, but I have a patient who's had it for 10 years, so you never know."

Carlene
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • upsofloating
    upsofloating Member Posts: 466 Member
    Congratulations! Not just
    Congratulations! Not just three years but on a break as well! Enjoy your summer. --Annie
  • saundra
    saundra Member Posts: 1,370 Member
    Congratulations
    The gratitude is mutual and I am so happy for you. My son is back in the states for a year off and it could not have come at a better time.
    (Hugs and Prayers)) Saundra
  • oska
    oska Member Posts: 36
    celebration
    Congatulations Kathleen, enjoy your break from treatment. Its great that you have a good quality of life,I think so many of us enjoy the simple things of day to living far more than we did before our dx. Love Oska.
  • Mawty
    Mawty Member Posts: 133
    oska said:

celebration
    Congatulations Kathleen, enjoy your break from treatment. Its great that you have a good quality of life,I think so many of us enjoy the simple things of day to living far more than we did before our dx. Love Oska.

Thanks for letting us know
    Hi Kathleen,

What wonderful news you shared with us. We cn all be so happy for you and take comfort in the fact that we can continue on past just a couple of years like the doc gave me. Congratulations and many blessings!

With love,

Marty
  • lindaprocopio
    lindaprocopio Member Posts: 1,980
    Mawty said:

Thanks for letting us know
    Hi Kathleen,

What wonderful news you shared with us. We cn all be so happy for you and take comfort in the fact that we can continue on past just a couple of years like the doc gave me. Congratulations and many blessings!

With love,

Marty

What a milestone! WONDERFUL!
    3 years gives me hope. July marks 2 years for me since the 'cancer' word entered my life in such a personal way, and I know what just TWO years have included (biopsies, surgery, chemo, radiation, & 2 recurrences with 2 renewed chemo regimes!). And so I can only imagine a year from now how many additional 'adventures' I will have added to my journey. But another full year of living, even in treatment, would be a great and unexpected blessing. You make me feel that another year is achievable, even LIKELY. Thank you for that.

And how DELICIOUS that you are on a break! I LOVE chemo breaks! You can drink wine again or have a beer on a hot day without getting nauseous! And it's SUMMER time!! I'm so so happy for you! Enjoy every wonderful day of your break! We all know what it took to get you here. Congratulations! (((Kathleen)))