I do belong here...

Options
beth1465
beth1465 Member Posts: 63 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
I've been lurking around this discussion board for a couple of days. I've know about it for awhile, but was just able to read some posts now. I resisted being apart of this or any cancer group. I didn't want to be that person. But alas, I am. I see myself in so many of the posts here. Some of them gave me alot of hope; others made me cry. They all helped me in facing the reality of this mean, horrible disease. I will be here often because I really do need to hear the voices of others like me.

Beth

Comments

• Hissy_Fitz
    Hissy_Fitz Member Posts: 1,834
    Options
    Welcome, Beth, to the club
    Welcome, Beth, to the club no one wants to join. I was diagnosed exactly 3 months before you - same stage and treatments.

It's hard to join a group like this, but it's harder, I think, to go thru it alone.

Carlene
  • Disneynutt
    Disneynutt Member Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Welcome, Beth, to the club
    Welcome, Beth, to the club no one wants to join. I was diagnosed exactly 3 months before you - same stage and treatments.

It's hard to join a group like this, but it's harder, I think, to go thru it alone.

Carlene

This is a wonderful group
    This is a wonderful group populated with so many caring, compassionate people. But Carlene is right, I hate being a member. :-)

Welcome and best wishes.

-Kate
  • kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    It took me a few months,
    to join any cancer group, and then I did the same thing......just lurked for awhile. I suspect most people do the same. You just feel so vulnerable and don't want to read anything that will be negative. All the information is overwhelming too. But, it was a cancer board like this that saved my life! I got some information that I followed through on and it really changed my course and I am here today still after exactly 3 years! (Today is my 3 year cancerversary.)

So welcome Beth, and please share your story as you are ready and comfortable. A bunch a great gals here!!

Hugs,
    Kathleen
  • BonnieR
    BonnieR Member Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Welcome
    Dearest Beth, sorry to add your name to the list of women here but so glad you found us and joined in. Whether lurking or inputting we each can gain so much from all the posts of encouragement, knowledge and strength. Hugs Bonnie
  • msfanciful
    msfanciful Member Posts: 559
    Options
    Welcome Beth,
    I too played

Welcome Beth,

I too played around with the board before I got the courage to finally join.

I have never regretted that day.

Sorry that you are here because of the cancer, but I think you will find a wealth of knowledge here that will bring you much information about what you are dealing with as well as peace of mind.

Again welcome,

Sharon
  • beth1465
    beth1465 Member Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Welcome Beth,
    I too played

Welcome Beth,

I too played around with the board before I got the courage to finally join.

I have never regretted that day.

Sorry that you are here because of the cancer, but I think you will find a wealth of knowledge here that will bring you much information about what you are dealing with as well as peace of mind.

Again welcome,

Sharon

Thanks!
    Thanks for the kind words. My mom thinks I should stay off of this site cause I read things that sometimes upset me, but I don't agree. I need to know exactly what I'm facing and not sit back and pretend it's just going to disappear one day. My biggest worry at the moment is my stubborn CA-125. It's 32 after 7 treatments. I'll find out in a couple of weeks what effect treatment #8 had on it.
  • Susan523
    Susan523 Member Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    beth1465 said:

Thanks!
    Thanks for the kind words. My mom thinks I should stay off of this site cause I read things that sometimes upset me, but I don't agree. I need to know exactly what I'm facing and not sit back and pretend it's just going to disappear one day. My biggest worry at the moment is my stubborn CA-125. It's 32 after 7 treatments. I'll find out in a couple of weeks what effect treatment #8 had on it.

Hello, Beth~
    I can understand why your mom doesn't want you on this site too much... Sometimes I'm here daily, and then I, too, need a break from it for a while. There's so much information to take in, it can become overwhelming to say the least.

But you have come to the right place. Lots of information here from first-hand experience.

Sorry we have met this way, but we'll share the road ahead~ along with all of these other beautiful & brave women.

So far I am a 4 year survivor; diagnosed stage IIIc in May 2006.

Take care of yourself, and know you can ask any questions here at all.

Love,
    ~Susan xoxo