Options
2»

Comments

• CajunEagle
    CajunEagle Member Posts: 408
    Options
    Greg53 said:

Finally a Cup a Joe
    Well I started this thread 2 weeks ago and finally was able to drink my first cup of coffee today. It was AWESOME! It was only lukewarm and only got 1/2 cup down but that made my day! And it actually tasted like coffee.

Greg

Okay. I'll try it again
    Time to give it a go again. I'll chunk a piece of ice in it to get it luke warm. The morning aroma of coffee is driving me nuts.

Larry
  • lady4darknight
    lady4darknight Member Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Okay. I'll try it again
    Time to give it a go again. I'll chunk a piece of ice in it to get it luke warm. The morning aroma of coffee is driving me nuts.

Larry

coffe
    Hi, I too used to drink coffee all day and right now that is out. I sure am glad this post was started because I thought I was strange because the taste of it has made me yack..lol..so glad to know that eventually I will enjoy it again. I am only 2 weeks post treatment and have been eating regularly now for the last 4 days very slowly but everything does taste funky. I think I will try it cold and see how that goes. I think it is the main thing I miss. Thank you for the insight.
    Debbie
  • staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Options

coffe
    Hi, I too used to drink coffee all day and right now that is out. I sure am glad this post was started because I thought I was strange because the taste of it has made me yack..lol..so glad to know that eventually I will enjoy it again. I am only 2 weeks post treatment and have been eating regularly now for the last 4 days very slowly but everything does taste funky. I think I will try it cold and see how that goes. I think it is the main thing I miss. Thank you for the insight.
    Debbie

I couldn't drink coffee from
    I couldn't drink coffee from mid Jan to April, and then it was tasty again! YIPEE!
  • tonyanddenise
    tonyanddenise Member Posts: 70
    Options
    coffee
    Folgers black silk is my @ home stable. @ least 1/2 pot a day, not including my Starbucks addiction!from what I am seeing that's going to go away?
  • Pam M
    Pam M Member Posts: 2,196
    Options

coffee
    Folgers black silk is my @ home stable. @ least 1/2 pot a day, not including my Starbucks addiction!from what I am seeing that's going to go away?

Maybe Won't Go Away
    Tonyanddenise,
    We're all unique - maybe you can drink coffee uninterrupted. Maybe you can tolerate it again fairly quickly. BUT caffeine does hinder your body's ability to absorb the water you drink.
  • Pam M
    Options

coffee

Double Posted
    Have had no coffee today.
  • lady4darknight
    lady4darknight Member Posts: 90 Member
    Options

coffee

Coffee
    Hi, I can relate to the Starbucks addiction and for me not having that has been one tough side effect. But everyone is different. I keep trying a cup once a week hoping the taste will get better but no luck yet. But on the bright side I have been able to drink hot tea in the mornings(cinnamon apple) and at least I have my coffee cup in my hands. My taste buds are somewhat improving so I will just do as others here have done and just keep trying. Best of luck.

Debbie
  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Pam M said:

Maybe Won't Go Away
    Tonyanddenise,
    We're all unique - maybe you can drink coffee uninterrupted. Maybe you can tolerate it again fairly quickly. BUT caffeine does hinder your body's ability to absorb the water you drink.

Water water everywhere...
    Pam,

Right now, I'm not having an issue with drinking too little water. I even have to drink water for M&Ms to melt in my mouth.

Deb (who is dry as the Sahara and carrying water bottles everywhere)
  • Pam M
    Options
    D Lewis said:

Water water everywhere...
    Pam,

Right now, I'm not having an issue with drinking too little water. I even have to drink water for M&Ms to melt in my mouth.

Deb (who is dry as the Sahara and carrying water bottles everywhere)

With Ya, Deb
    Not dry as Sahara, but dry enough. I told my pal that I don't worry about not drinking enough water, 'cuz I drink so much with meals. I am making progress, I guess - now, when I leave home without water bottle, I see if I can make it to where I'm going, instead of going back to the house or hitting the first gas station for water.
  • D Lewis
    D Lewis Member Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Pam M said:

With Ya, Deb
    Not dry as Sahara, but dry enough. I told my pal that I don't worry about not drinking enough water, 'cuz I drink so much with meals. I am making progress, I guess - now, when I leave home without water bottle, I see if I can make it to where I'm going, instead of going back to the house or hitting the first gas station for water.

Nope!
    Still can't leave home without it. Yesterday, I ran out of water loading my groceries into the car. Scary. Had to high-tail it for home.

Deb
  • dennis318
    dennis318 Member Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Coffee
    Hi, I can relate to the Starbucks addiction and for me not having that has been one tough side effect. But everyone is different. I keep trying a cup once a week hoping the taste will get better but no luck yet. But on the bright side I have been able to drink hot tea in the mornings(cinnamon apple) and at least I have my coffee cup in my hands. My taste buds are somewhat improving so I will just do as others here have done and just keep trying. Best of luck.

Debbie

I am surprised
    I was really surprised when coffee tasted bad, ever since this cancer stole all my favorite things went down the toilet,...I finally got my taste back for chocolate, but my beloved coffee taste buds are like mud, So you are saying they might still kick back in, or try cold coffee first? Mrs. Folger Black Silk awaits with half and half, I hope to get some of my fun back at least. Dennis
  • chris731
    chris731 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    dennis318 said:

I am surprised
    I was really surprised when coffee tasted bad, ever since this cancer stole all my favorite things went down the toilet,...I finally got my taste back for chocolate, but my beloved coffee taste buds are like mud, So you are saying they might still kick back in, or try cold coffee first? Mrs. Folger Black Silk awaits with half and half, I hope to get some of my fun back at least. Dennis

Mine came back
    and I back to drinking coffee. Seems as the weeks go by, it's tasting better and better. I'm on my second cup as I type this. Everyone is different, they cooked my tongue with radiation since the cancer was on the base, so my tongue took a hard hit. I'm 5 months out and I'm back to drinking coffee. I do add more sugar than before because I have a weak sweetness. So 2 packs of suger are now 4 packs to get it to taste like 2 sugars. I'm thinking about switching over to Honey in my coffee since it's sweeter than sugar. More than one way to skin a cat.
  • staceya
    staceya Member Posts: 720
    Options
    chris731 said:

Mine came back
    and I back to drinking coffee. Seems as the weeks go by, it's tasting better and better. I'm on my second cup as I type this. Everyone is different, they cooked my tongue with radiation since the cancer was on the base, so my tongue took a hard hit. I'm 5 months out and I'm back to drinking coffee. I do add more sugar than before because I have a weak sweetness. So 2 packs of suger are now 4 packs to get it to taste like 2 sugars. I'm thinking about switching over to Honey in my coffee since it's sweeter than sugar. More than one way to skin a cat.

Iced coffee (and the
    Iced coffee (and the frappes, mochas's at McDonalds) are especially good!