Break out and yeast infection

new2me
new2me Member Posts: 177 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hey guys - today is my 7th day since my 1st treatment and I believe i have a yeast infection :( Has anyone else experienced this or is this not related to Chemo? Also I've noticed my face is breaking out more. Are these little things caused by the chemo or is it just me?
Oh also - my fatigue is gone. Yesterday and today were great but I'm still alittle weak - like if I'm on my feet too long I have to sit down. I've also noticed today for the first time that I have this taste in my mouth and some things just aren't tasting the same. This I know is because of the Chemo. Oh well - small price we pay to be cancerfree.
Anyway -I'm real bothered by the the yeast infections - anyone else experience this too?

Thanks for all your info.

Kelly :)

Comments

• greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Kelly -
    Gee - no delicate way to put this - I thought I had a yeast infection one time (but didn't actually have any vaginal discharge you would usually see) but it turned out not to be. Apparently there was itching from irritation from excreting the chemo. I started using baby wipes after wiping off after using the bathroom each time and didn't have any more problems. If you have a vaginal discharge, I would suggest seeing your doc to have it checked out so they can be sure whether it is yeast before using the treatments out there.....
  • new2me

Kelly -
    Gee - no delicate way to put this - I thought I had a yeast infection one time (but didn't actually have any vaginal discharge you would usually see) but it turned out not to be. Apparently there was itching from irritation from excreting the chemo. I started using baby wipes after wiping off after using the bathroom each time and didn't have any more problems. If you have a vaginal discharge, I would suggest seeing your doc to have it checked out so they can be sure whether it is yeast before using the treatments out there.....

Yes, Thank you for replying
    Yes, I know it's a delicate subject and I so appreciate you responding. No discharge just an itch. I will use the wipes. I hope thats all it is. :)

Thanks so much Greyhoughluvr

Kelly
  • heidijez
    heidijez Member Posts: 441
    new2me said:

Yes, I know it's a delicate subject and I so appreciate you responding. No discharge just an itch. I will use the wipes. I hope thats all it is. :)

Kelly

this is why i love this website!
    i too thought i was getting yeast infections - never thought to ask. . . but sure enough, someone always comes up with the same questions/concerns that i don't have the courage to ask! thank you to kelly for asking and for greyhoundluvr for responding ' )
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    My face broke out
    and face was flushed for awhile. That condition got worse with each treatment. And the loss of taste got worse. No Y.I. but I did have incontinance and peed my pants alot before making it to the pot. Went thru several pair a day. That was weird.
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Delicate subject!
    I second using the wipes. Here is the advice I was given by a doctor regarding wiping in general. Chemo can cause GI troubles in the form or constipation or diarhea and sometimes both. She recommended never wiping with toilet paper if you are having these problems as they can further irritate that area. There is a brand called "intimate wipes" at Whole Foods that doesn't contain cholerine that I have purchased. In short, you have to be gentle on those areas through this. Good luck. Hope you feel better soon.

Mimi
  • Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    I did not have the face
    I did not have the face breaking out but I did have the vaginal itching, about the same time frame as you too. I noticed it a few days after 1st treatment, but I have not had it since the 1st one. Last trt. on July 2nd!!!!I just used vagisil for a couple of days and it was gone (no discharge).My first trt. I also had the fatigue for about 6 days then it was much better. The last 2 trt.s it has only been a couple of days. Wishing you the very best! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice
  • new2me

I did not have the face
    I did not have the face breaking out but I did have the vaginal itching, about the same time frame as you too. I noticed it a few days after 1st treatment, but I have not had it since the 1st one. Last trt. on July 2nd!!!!I just used vagisil for a couple of days and it was gone (no discharge).My first trt. I also had the fatigue for about 6 days then it was much better. The last 2 trt.s it has only been a couple of days. Wishing you the very best! God Bless
    (((Hugs))) Janice

So much wonderful advice
    See you all just saved me an embarrassing moment with my male Oncologist - I am very glad I asked. This site is good for that. And I hope someone who is too embarrassed to ask these questions read this. I don't get embarrassed easily anymore :)

((hugs right back to you wonderful ladies))

Kelly
  • putzie
    putzie Member Posts: 66 Member
    new2me said:

So much wonderful advice
    See you all just saved me an embarrassing moment with my male Oncologist - I am very glad I asked. This site is good for that. And I hope someone who is too embarrassed to ask these questions read this. I don't get embarrassed easily anymore :)

((hugs right back to you wonderful ladies))

Kelly

Wow...I thought I was having
    Wow...I thought I was having yeast infections, too....sheesh...thanks for asking the question Kelly and thanks for the great answers everyone else!! Good luck and big hugs to all!!
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    putzie said:

Wow...I thought I was having
    Wow...I thought I was having yeast infections, too....sheesh...thanks for asking the question Kelly and thanks for the great answers everyone else!! Good luck and big hugs to all!!

My face would break out in these wierd rash, pimple type
    things a few days after each chemo treatment and last til almost the next one. Some would have a head but most were just red, swollen and ugly. It's been 6 mo. since chemo finsihed and I still have some tiny red dot scars on my right cheek.

I thought I had a yeast infection after chemo was finished but also after I had taken several very strong antibiotics for a few various infections so I bought good old Monistat and all symptoms went away so I guess it was yeast. I was so busy with Poise pads for the Big D and incontinence (sp?) that I found those to be irritating all thru chemo. Wish I'd known about the wipes!

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • MGNS
    MGNS Member Posts: 197 Member
    I did get yeast infection
    I did get yeast infection and the doctor gave me a presciption to get rid of it. One thing I have learned over the course of treatments is not to be afraid to ask questions and seek help. I'm sure the doctors have seen and heard everything so don't be afraid to ask. There's no need to be anymore uncomfortable during this journey than necessary. Stay strong!
  • PNinMN
    PNinMN Member Posts: 28
    Break outs
    I have been having some bad break outs all over my face like a rash and some on my head too! Every time I think it's getting better I get some more on another part of my face :(
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    new2me said:

Kelly

I didn't take chemo Kelly,
    I didn't take chemo Kelly, so, I didn't have this. Talk to your oncologist or gyn about it. Good luck!
  • calabria03
    calabria03 Member Posts: 13
    I too had bad acne on my
    I too had bad acne on my face from chemo got a prescription from my Doctor.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

I too had bad acne on my
    I too had bad acne on my face from chemo got a prescription from my Doctor.

I had yeast infection on my
    I had yeast infection on my tongue (thrush) and irritation from the chemo down below as well, the wipes are great and lots of fluid to make the urine less concentrated. I had a rash all over my face from taxol. I guess some people get it. it was red and itchy. I used Lindi face products (online) and my face cleared after treatment. My skin felt like sandpaper and now it is nice and smooth.