2»

Comments

• ScubaGirl
    ScubaGirl Member Posts: 32
    Options
    jo jo said:

Hey scubagirl...welcome to
    Hey scubagirl...welcome to the family!
    Im not in my 30's anymore but im only 42! :)

Thanks for the welcome
    You are all fantastic!
  • ScubaGirl
    Options
    Balentine said:

Did they find any cancer in your lymph nodes
    I was curious because maybe I missed it but did they find any cancer in your lymph nodes?
    Lorrie

Lorrie,
    Clean margins and not in lymph. Stage I. Thanks for asking!
  • ScubaGirl
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Hey does 39 and holding -- Count ?
    I've been telling everyone that I am 39 years old and holding for a few years .. Yes, I am aware that I can't stay at this age forever .. Oh well!

ScubaGirl ..

We are a group of WARRIORS .. All sisters in PINK - with 1 common goal: Fighting Breat Cancer .. Welcome :D

Vicki Sam .. who is 39 and holding for a few more years,, then I may age to 43 ..

Anyone who is 39 and holding
    Is my kinda girl so thanks for the responses.
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options

Welcome to the site
    We have several people under 40 among us I am sure they will get in touch with you. Do not be scared just stay in touch and connected. We can help you to go through your treatment. I was 46 when I got the news. Soon i will be celebrating 2 years free of cancer.
    Good luck,
    New Flower

Just welcoming you and
    Just welcoming you and saying hi! We are of all ages here, and, everyone will offer you

support and encourage you with your treatments and decisions.

Good luck!
    24242 Member Posts: 1,398
    Options
    14 years ago I was 36
    I was stage 3 with 11 out of 21 positive nodes and HER triple negative. I say this often because ladies need to read it. Though it hasn't been fun and spent a lot of years sick but I did learn what it was like to actually feel good since I had been ill a very long time and no one would do any diagnostic testing since tired. I have pain when lumps form for some reason so I find them pretty quick. I had many more lumps after treatments but all benign. I am suffering with a couple more lumps but such is my life.
    I am sorry you found your way here but know there is a whole pile of good living to be had. No I am not one that thinks I have been cured but I do know they are getting really good at prolonging our life and IT IS WHAT IT IS.
    Guess one thing came out of this I look younger than my years and no one believes me when I tell them I have a 27 year old son. Have to wonder how old I looked before, lolol
    You have found a great place to lay your fears and get things off your shoulders because you don't need any of that now. It is time to spend the time on yourself and be #1 to you.
    Thinking of you
    Tara
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options

ScubaGirl -
    I'm past the 30's but just wanted to say Welcome to you! As the others have said, we will be here for yu every steo of the way!

Chris

Welcome scubagirl! We are
    Welcome scubagirl! We are all here to help and support you however we can!
  • ScubaGirl
    Options
    Hubby said:

Chemo Advise
    I started a thread early this week asking for pre-chemo advice for my wife, and got some real helpful suggestions.

http://csn.cancer.org/node/194777

She is also triple negative, but a but older 48 today.

What chemo are you starting?

Bob

I made the test drug arm of a clinical trial.
    I will take adriamycin and cytotoxin one every three weeks for four treatments over three months. The clinical trial is for triple negative early stage cancers and I will take xempra for that arm of the study once every three weeks for four treatments over three months. Otherwise I would have been taking something else once a week for 12 weeks for the last arm. The xempra has been proven effective in treating advanced triple negative cancers so in theory it should work as week or better for early stage which I have.

i wish your wife well. I started chemo today and my husband went with me. She's lucky to have you for support.
  • ScubaGirl
    Options
    24242 said:

14 years ago I was 36
    I was stage 3 with 11 out of 21 positive nodes and HER triple negative. I say this often because ladies need to read it. Though it hasn't been fun and spent a lot of years sick but I did learn what it was like to actually feel good since I had been ill a very long time and no one would do any diagnostic testing since tired. I have pain when lumps form for some reason so I find them pretty quick. I had many more lumps after treatments but all benign. I am suffering with a couple more lumps but such is my life.
    I am sorry you found your way here but know there is a whole pile of good living to be had. No I am not one that thinks I have been cured but I do know they are getting really good at prolonging our life and IT IS WHAT IT IS.
    Guess one thing came out of this I look younger than my years and no one believes me when I tell them I have a 27 year old son. Have to wonder how old I looked before, lolol
    You have found a great place to lay your fears and get things off your shoulders because you don't need any of that now. It is time to spend the time on yourself and be #1 to you.
    Thinking of you
    Tara

Thank you, Tara
    i am optimistic and stories like your are inspirational. Much appreciated!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    ScubaGirl said:

Thank you, Tara
    i am optimistic and stories like your are inspirational. Much appreciated!

You stay optimistic
    You stay optimistic scubagirl! And, post here whenever you feel you need to.

Hugs, Leeza
  • sohardbnme
    sohardbnme Member Posts: 129
    Options

Hi there - I'm 34, diagnosed
    Hi there - I'm 34, diagnosed last week.

37 here
    Hi,

I am 37...Diagnosed June 21...This is a roller coaster ride...
  • sohardbnme
    sohardbnme Member Posts: 129
    Options
    mimivac said:

Welcome, ScubaGirl
    I'm 35, diagnosed at 34 and also triple negative. You are right to put down the ipad (I'm jealous, btw -- do you love it?) as there is some alarmist, outdated, and crappy information out there. There are also several of us here in our 30's. As Moopy said www.youngsurvival.org is a great site for younger women to discuss age-specific issues. If you search on "mimivac" or "triple negative" you will find an article I posted here about triple negative. If you'd like, I will PM it to you. For now, focus on your next steps and building an environment of support and low stress (as much as you can!). Take care and keep coming back.

Mimi

Hi I am 37
    I was diagnosed June 21...It is alot to absorb...
  • TulsaMomof3
    TulsaMomof3 Member Posts: 105
    Options
    jnl said:

You stay optimistic
    You stay optimistic scubagirl! And, post here whenever you feel you need to.

Hugs, Leeza

I am 37 and was diagnosed in March of this year. I have since had a surgical biopsy, Sentinal node biopsy,& BLM with DIEP reconstruction. I have done 1 chemo with 3 to go then followed by 5 years of tamoxifen. It was very overcomming but very do-able. I have 3 kids so I am trying to make life as normal for them as possible. I think they have learned alot through all of this mostly 2 things, 1- appreciate mom 2- you can over come anything!

Patience is the greatest thing I have had to deal with as all the waiting between progress is crazy! I found I had more strength after sharing my story. I have blogged and posted everything on facebook and I found through that that I have a great support system that will pray, cook, and do whatever I need :)
  • ScubaGirl
    Options

Hi there - I'm 34, diagnosed
    Hi there - I'm 34, diagnosed last week.

Love the pink hair!
    I bought a Sharon Osborne red wig that I love and have other colors on the way. Trying to make something fun from this!

All the best!
    Erin
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    Options

I am 37 and was diagnosed in March of this year. I have since had a surgical biopsy, Sentinal node biopsy,& BLM with DIEP reconstruction. I have done 1 chemo with 3 to go then followed by 5 years of tamoxifen. It was very overcomming but very do-able. I have 3 kids so I am trying to make life as normal for them as possible. I think they have learned alot through all of this mostly 2 things, 1- appreciate mom 2- you can over come anything!

Patience is the greatest thing I have had to deal with as all the waiting between progress is crazy! I found I had more strength after sharing my story. I have blogged and posted everything on facebook and I found through that that I have a great support system that will pray, cook, and do whatever I need :)

hi there
    i am 36 but i

hi there

i am 36 but i didn't get a cancer diagnosis-i had both breasts removed as i was high risk due to another cancer i had years ago.

But you will find lots of lovely ppl on this site and so much helpful info and support.

Kay
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    You've come to the right place for support, laughs and everything in between. I was 35 when I was diagnosed and that was 8.5 years ago!! The fact that you didn't have clear nodes makes a world of difference!! So...though it's not fun to go through this, it WILL BE OK! You can and will make it through and go on with your life!!

Keep positive and keep us updated on how you're doing. Chemo isn't fun, but with all the drugs they pump you with for nausea, it really isn't too bad. You just feel kinda of yucky for a couple of days. And tired. The best thing is to just sleep!!

Anyway...glad you checked this sight out. It helps so much to have people who have been there to talk to. Really helps calm the fears of the unknown!

Blessings,
    Sally