anyone else really tired all of the time?

lizzie17
lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I take arimidex, work, etc. But I feel so tired much of the time. I take the multivitamins, etc., that are prescribed for me. I worry that it is a sign of another cancer in my body. Next onco check up is in August. Does anyone else ever feel this way?

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    yes
    maybe it is lack of estrogen. Definitely talk to your oncologist. You can make an appointment at any time. You do not need to wait until August.
    Good luck
    New Flower
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Exercise?
    I know it seems counter-intuitive to try to exercise when you're bone tired. And, it seems impossible when you're working. But, even a brief walk, paddling in a pool, doing a bit of stretching or yoga can bring some energy. Especially after I keep it up for several days. I sleep better too, which is a huge factor in my tiredness.

That being said, YES, I'm tired a lot and I get tired easily. I don't worry that it's cancer, just after-effects of treatment, poor sleep and inactivity.
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member

Exercise?
    I know it seems counter-intuitive to try to exercise when you're bone tired. And, it seems impossible when you're working. But, even a brief walk, paddling in a pool, doing a bit of stretching or yoga can bring some energy. Especially after I keep it up for several days. I sleep better too, which is a huge factor in my tiredness.

That being said, YES, I'm tired a lot and I get tired easily. I don't worry that it's cancer, just after-effects of treatment, poor sleep and inactivity.

I feel tired all the time. I
    I feel tired all the time. I feel like I've got a weight on me. I'm so sick of being tired. I went thru chemo, surgery now radiation. The docs. say it's normal. I feel like life is passing me by everyone is living their lives and I'm sidelined. On the "time-out bench" waiting my turn.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

I feel tired all the time. I
    I feel tired all the time. I feel like I've got a weight on me. I'm so sick of being tired. I went thru chemo, surgery now radiation. The docs. say it's normal. I feel like life is passing me by everyone is living their lives and I'm sidelined. On the "time-out bench" waiting my turn.

I'm right there with you ladies .. Tired all the time,
    My Onc has referred me to a physical therapist who specializes in 'chronic fatigue'. I went thru Hell during my chemo and have never bounched back .. physcially or emotional.

I too have felt like life was passing me by .. I felt like I am looking thru a window, and everyone is driving, walking or running to jobs, schools, shopping or activities. Just waiting for my turn like you Ms. Sunshine .. I do try and do little things to push my activity levels daily ..

1 step at a time .. we can do it!

VickiSam