Cancer cells killed by chemotherapy may cause cancer to spread..

Options
2»

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

I recall...I was in 1st
    I recall...I was in 1st grade in 55...so I do remember both! I wonder how scared/excited our parents were???

as I remember (I was 9) - My
    as I remember (I was 9) - My parents had no problems with us getting the shot - GrandMother's were another story. One was freakin' out about my Brother (5 years younger) getting the shot and the other was freakin' out about me getting it. We were the only grandchildren either had (both parents 'only child') and the division in who they 'preferred' lasted as long as each were alive LOL- so silly)
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Options
    Hey mono
    Thanks for the update. But with all the storms we're having here, I'm more worried about a tornado blowing me away. I'm doing very well today. Without chemo, I wouldn't be here to thank you for the update.
  • Chickadee1955
    Chickadee1955 Member Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    A well-meaning relative sent
    A well-meaning relative sent me a massive book about cancer right after my diagnosis. In short, it accused the medical community of killing us with treatment and recommended a naturopathic treatment regimen.

The stuff in that book was so imflammatory and negative that I put it down after the first chapter, thanked my loving relative for the gift, and use it as a doorstop. I trust the care I am receiving and don't want to make the same exclusively naturopathic choices my aunt did that resulting in her early, probably unnecessary death from bc.

Chickadee
  • Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    Options

A well-meaning relative sent
    A well-meaning relative sent me a massive book about cancer right after my diagnosis. In short, it accused the medical community of killing us with treatment and recommended a naturopathic treatment regimen.

The stuff in that book was so imflammatory and negative that I put it down after the first chapter, thanked my loving relative for the gift, and use it as a doorstop. I trust the care I am receiving and don't want to make the same exclusively naturopathic choices my aunt did that resulting in her early, probably unnecessary death from bc.

Chickadee

I believe in doing both
    I believe in doing the chemotherapy but also adding into it the correct diet. I think it gives you the best chances of not having a recurrence.
    Lorrie