Preparing for Chemo

2»

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

I had my first chemo this past Wednesday
    And to be honest with you all, it wasn't so bad. I did feel sick on Friday around noon but it passed within 15 minutes. I sat in front of a cool fan with a wet washcloth to my face and that took care of it, when I stood up I felt fine, then I brushed my teeth and I am really doing okay for the most part. I am getting Cytoxan and Taxotere, 1 every 3 weeks. My legs do ache from that neuropathy stuff but all n all it's not so bad.

Love Ronda

Glad your first chemo wasn't
    Glad your first chemo wasn't too bad Ronda! Praying it goes well for you!

Leeza
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    AMomNETN said:

Wondeful!!!
    Everyone has given you great advice. I would add drink plenty of water. I'm trying to drink a gallon a day especially the day before and 2-3 days after. This helps flush the drugs out of your kidneys. Also in addition to the biotene mouthwash I use the toothpaste too. I'm good til the 3rd-4th day. After I get the Neulasta(for white blood count) shot I'm down for 3-4 days. I did work but I took those days after the shot to recooperate. You do what is right for you but don't push yourself. If you can work then work but if not don't. Your taste will improve and be almost back to normal in time for your next treatmen. I hate that part. I hope all goes well and it will be over soon. My last chemo is July 16th and I can't wait. I thought it would take forever but it is faster than I thought it would be. Nice not having hair this summer much cooler. Keep a sense of humor too. I told some friend that now I could get a rose bud tattoo on my new boobs because it won't turn into a long stem rose.

Hoping your chemo treatments
    Hoping your chemo treatments aren't too hard on you.

Just adding my good luck!

Hugs, Megan