First Treatment Friday 6/18/10

2»

Comments

• new2me
    new2me Member Posts: 177 Member
    cdonaruma said:

Almost done with treatment
    Hi there, my name is Cici and I read that you just started your treatment and mine was a triple negative and the meds I was on was the "red devil" cytoxin, taxol, and the study drug called evastin. I will say that it was on the 11th day into treatment that I lost all my hair and it has been gone since. I have the best supporters and I will help you with any questions you have, because I feel that no one can be told enough that will happen or what to expect enough. Keep positive thoughts and don't let anyone discourage you on anything...stay strong and you will get through this!!! My last treatment is July 15th and I so can't wait...been going through this since Jan. 7th and I'm ready to be done....

Hi CiCi ***
    So nice to meet you too. So glad to hear that you are almost done. I wish I were you. :)
    Did the Chemo make you feel really fatigue and how long did your's last and when did it start. Did your Onc give you steriods too. My Dr. said that since i was so fatigue he will cut back abit on the steriods.
    I feel the same way - I want info info info. from everyone. the infor the better. Thats why I came to this site. Talking with others that have and are going through the same as me really makes a difference.
    A friend of mine here at work is seeing her Oncologist today for the first time and she is so scared. I'm about 3-4 weeks ahead of her in everything. So I try to help her anyway I can.

Congratulations again :)

Kelly
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Hey there Kelly!
    I had same chemo as you. I arranged to get my chemo every thursday.
    It took 2 treatments but I learned that it hit 2 days later, so this way
    I got sick over the weekend and was able to work on Monday. But
    towards the end I needed more time to recuperate and needed till Tuesday.

Just know you will be tired and prepare yourself with good books,
    movies, things you enjoy and no GUILT! Just relax and give your
    body time to heal.

Ayse
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    new2me said:

Hey Traci
    Today is day 6 since my first treatment and I feel almost normal again. I woke up alittle weak but no fatigue and now, as the day goes on I feel great. I have had no nausea or vomiting. I think thats because of the Emend. but my Dr. called and said he gave me steroids too. (i didn't know) Anyway - I hoping to stay feeling this good until my next treatment which is July 9th. But I fear that I may not. My Dr. says that the Chemo will peak this Friday - what does that mean anyway? do you know? Will I feel awful again? That bothers me.
    As for cutting my hair? Well, everyone says that - right now I just can't !!

I'm hoping I'll be like one of those that won't need that shot. Lets pray. LOL

Yea, my husband is the best. I couldn't have asked for anyone better. I'll tell you - my husband has demonstrated to me what True Love really is all about. What a wonderful example he is to my adult kids.

Tell me how you felt when your White blood cells dropped. I just wnat to know what to expect.

Thank you for your advise I so appreciate every bit of information. You guys are great !!

The White Blood Cells have left the building
    Hey, Kelly -

I can honestly say I had no idea when my white blood cell counts dropped so low after my first round -- as far as I've read, there aren't any outward symptoms of it.

Normal WBC count is 5-10 -- when I went in for my first chemo followup after my first round, and they told me mine was 2.1, I just about fell off the table.

They'll take blood from you A LOT during chemo, and will monitor your counts carefully -- and some women have no problem. I ended up needing the Neulasta, but it sure worked -- my WBC counts stayed up around 18 for the rest of chemo!

Traci