lcarper2, Louann's cancer has spread

Options
dianetavegia
dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Louann's friend forwarded some results from Louann's visit at MD Anderson. She was told the scans show the cancer has spread to her liver and pancreas. The only option right now is to put in a new port and start chemo back in her home town. She'll go back to MD Anderson in 10 weeks.

I don't know if she'll be changing oncologist. Her current onc has not seen her for months and had only treated her with Xeloda, tho her original tumor was the size of a softball and on the outside of her colon.

Kathy said Louann sounded upbeat and in good spirits!

Comments

• sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    Options
    Oh gosh
    There has been alot of bad news on the boards lately. Louann, I am praying they put you on some strong chemo to knock out the cancer in your liver and pancreas. I pray you are not in any pain. Positive thoughts to you and your family.
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Options
    Louann
    Thank you very much for the update Diane. I was hoping the news would be better but if memory serves, this is something she was told before she went to Anderson. At least now it is confirmed and a treatment plan can be put in place and hopefully a new onc also.

Give Louann my best and I will leave a note on caring bridge for her.

Tina
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear it
    Oh, me. I'm glad she is in good spirits, but it sure sounds like there's going to be a tough fight ahead for her. I'll be praying for her.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Options
    Louann + Diane
    Louann,

I am glad to hear you are in good spirits; that goes a long way in fighting this beast! I am sorry for the spread, but glad to hear there is a plan in place, chemo. I have had really good results with my chemo regimen. Take good care.

Diane,

Thanks for posting + letting us know the update on Louann.
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update Diane
    Thinking and praying for Louann, she's a woman of faith and I know she will fight all the way.
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Oh, no
    I've been worried about her. Once in a whlie i see a post from her on facebook, and none of them are ever good. I hope that she switches oncologists, and possibly looks into some alternative things that might help her with pain.

Thanks for posting this, Diane. Louann is always in my prayers.

Hugs,
    Krista
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Diane, thanks for keeping us
    Diane, thanks for keeping us in the loop. Louann is definitely in my prayers.

-Sheri
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Options
    bad news
    Hi Diane,

Thanks for letting us know. Didn't Louann already know from her regular oncologist that the cancer spread, and that's the reason why she went to MD Anderson?
    Louann never really said what her regular onc said and why he wasn't treating her with anything. I know several had urged her to change oncologists, but I never got the feeling like she was proceeding with doing that. Maybe she will now.
    The poor dear.