Fron Throat to Lung cancer

Options
zinniemay
zinniemay Member Posts: 522
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
My Husband Greg had Throat cancer Last year he did the 7 weeks Chemo and Radaition , things were going good til Feb. They found small nudules but was not worried then in Feb they said cancer had spread to both Lungs since it was the same cancer as the throat. He started Chemo Last Wednesday once every three weeks. The Third week they will check to see if it is doing anything. This Chemo is called Carboplatin . Now he is very weak.He can hardly talk.
I understand that he had Throat cancer , it spread to both lungs. They said he is termial . Is there any trails or anything that we can do? Greg never smike or drank. He has never had sergery , or been sick til cancer. I am so lost and do not understand what to do.

Comments

• Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    Hi Zinneymay and husband,
    Hi Zinneymay and husband, Welcome to our csn family. I was a caregiver for my dad, who put up a 16 month battle with esophageal cancer with mets to the liver. He passed away in March. Congratulations to your husband for surviving the throat cancer. It seems to me that the throat cancer is the primary cancer, and it has now metastisized to his lungs. I would suggest getting a second opinion. We had to do this with my dad. We were not pleased with the first one. I feel it is not caused from him smoking or drinking, or not, the throat cancer just decided to go to his lungs. It has a mind of its own. Does not care what gender, what sex, what color. It just happens. God bless you and your husband at this difficult time. Come here often. We will be praying for you.
    Tina
  • Unknown
    Options
    This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • zinniemay
    Options
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Cancer
    I am not very good at writing or spelling but this is what uis on the report
    t4 n1 Mo Squamous cell carcinoma of the left cord, he had tension into the Thyroid and cricoid Cartilages , he is status post Chemo with IMRT and Cisplatin complete May 2009 , .This from Anna Arbor Doctor Worden
    Lung Bronchial biopsy NON small cell carcinoma Favor Squamous cell Carcinoma.Prelimary ct image for localization through the region comfirms the presents of a 9 mn nodule in left upper lobe Dr. Chepeha notified.Biospy done Ann Arbor.
    He had a Pet scan done at West Michigan Cancer ceneter in Kalamazoo There are four growing lung nudules , a left upper lobe nudule 75 has increased from 5 to 8 mm in size a lower left 88 from 6 to 12 a left # 127 was tiny now 5 mm in size.righ lower lobe increased from 4 to 10 no other new nodules or growing lung nudules.no Thoracic Lymp Node enlargement pleyral or pericardial nodules, destructive skeletal abnormality, or major fingings . I don't know how to explain it any other than from the reports.

Jennie
  • zinniemay
    Options
    zinniemay said:

Cancer
    I am not very good at writing or spelling but this is what uis on the report
    t4 n1 Mo Squamous cell carcinoma of the left cord, he had tension into the Thyroid and cricoid Cartilages , he is status post Chemo with IMRT and Cisplatin complete May 2009 , .This from Anna Arbor Doctor Worden
    Lung Bronchial biopsy NON small cell carcinoma Favor Squamous cell Carcinoma.Prelimary ct image for localization through the region comfirms the presents of a 9 mn nodule in left upper lobe Dr. Chepeha notified.Biospy done Ann Arbor.
    He had a Pet scan done at West Michigan Cancer ceneter in Kalamazoo There are four growing lung nudules , a left upper lobe nudule 75 has increased from 5 to 8 mm in size a lower left 88 from 6 to 12 a left # 127 was tiny now 5 mm in size.righ lower lobe increased from 4 to 10 no other new nodules or growing lung nudules.no Thoracic Lymp Node enlargement pleyral or pericardial nodules, destructive skeletal abnormality, or major fingings . I don't know how to explain it any other than from the reports.

Jennie

Thanks
    Forgot to say thanks for your post the do offer alot of help.
    If you want you can email me at woody@i2k.con
    Zinnie is a nick name my name is Jennie .
  • oceancaydream
    oceancaydream Member Posts: 5
    Options
    zinniemay said:

Thanks
    Forgot to say thanks for your post the do offer alot of help.
    If you want you can email me at woody@i2k.con
    Zinnie is a nick name my name is Jennie .

throat cancer
    Hello,
    I just stumbled upon your post on Cancer Network.
    My husband has the exact same thing and I wonder how yours is now?
    Did he pull thru?
    I am really worried
    Thank you for any information