Options
2»

Comments

• Balentine
    Balentine Member Posts: 393
    Options
    laurissa said:

teena
    I know about the blobbing of mascara on the lids! Thats really all I can do at this point. It gives a beautiful definition doesn't it? I've never used false eyelashes but I'm considering it. And drawing eyebrows takes alot of practice too. They don't erase very easy. What I'd give for Brooke Sheilds brows and lashes right now!

never lost mine
    I never lost my eyelashes and my eyebrows just got a bit thin. I was on cytoxan and taxotere. 4 rounds.
    Lorrie
  • putzie
    putzie Member Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Pinkpower said:

Eye brows and Eye lashes
    Hello everyone, Im new here. I was diagnosed with stage II breast cancer in September 2009. I was on Taxotere, carboplatin and Herceptin. During chemo my eyelashes stayed, my eyebrows thined out, which I liked, I have thick eyebrows & had to pluck every 2wks. A couple of weeks after I finished with Taxatere and carbo back in April 2010(still on Herceptin)My eyelashes started to fall out, thankfully not all of them & eyebrows also started to have a few bald spots. Last week I notice my eyebrows are filling in again and my lashes are taking a little longer to come back.

same cocktail as me
    same cocktail as me Pink...thanks for the information. I just finished number 5 and still have eyebrows and lashes, although they are a bit thinner. I hope you are doing good and getting stronger every day!
  • putzie
    putzie Member Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    new2me said:

Hello - Pinkpower
    I pretty new here myself and diagnosed with the same as you and on the same cocktail as you. I just had my first treatment last Friday. I will do treatments every 3 weeks, 6 times and then continue with Herceptin to complete a year. How did you handle the Chemo? Did you take Emend? Where you fatigue for several days after chemo? Since I am on the same as you just wondering how you did.

Thanks for your advise.

Kelly

Hi Kelly...I am on the same
    Hi Kelly...I am on the same regime as you and Pink. I just completed my 5th chemo treatment. My first treatment was very hard on me and I got ill. After that one I did go on emend which helped immensely, and also took my other anti-nausea drugs more preventatively than "as needed". I feel good for a couple of days after a treatment and then the fatigue sets in. Just listen to your body...if you feel like doing something, do it...if not...REST!!! Hang in there, this is a scary time for us but hopefully just a bump in our road. Good luck!!
    dawn
  • Pinkpower
    Pinkpower Member Posts: 437
    Options
    new2me said:

Hello - Pinkpower
    I pretty new here myself and diagnosed with the same as you and on the same cocktail as you. I just had my first treatment last Friday. I will do treatments every 3 weeks, 6 times and then continue with Herceptin to complete a year. How did you handle the Chemo? Did you take Emend? Where you fatigue for several days after chemo? Since I am on the same as you just wondering how you did.

Thanks for your advise.

Kelly

Hello Kelly
    I finished taxotere & carbon back in April, had 6wks of everyday radiation right after but thankfully done with that, still on herceptin till Oct and just started 2wks ago tamoxifen. Chemo was not easy, but not unbearable either. Re: nauseau, had to go thru 3 meds b4 I found the 1 that worked the best, but I did a routine I had when I was pregnant with bad 24hrs nausea, I ate small meals, even if it was just fruit, every 2-3 hrs, even during the night, cause Its not like I could sleep anyways with the nausea kicking in and the hotflashes. So eating + pills helped alot. This will be hard to do because You will lose your taste buds and everything will taste like metal, but do it even if you are not hungry and it taste bad. I did gain 20+ lbs, but it was not the food, its the chemo. So dont stop eating, you need the strenght it will give you. There will still be days, you will have fatigue and bone pains, where you wont be able to get up, but thankfully it only last about 2 or 3 days at most and it will start to get better once done with taxotere & carbo. I have lost some weight, but not much since Im still on herceptin and I've heard on here alot that tamoxifen also affect weight gain. Not being a big fan of exercising is probably the main reason I havent lost more weight. Stay strong it will pass faster then you can imagine at the moment.
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Options
    Eye lashes
    It was so strange,my eye lashes came out two months after I lost my hair.I got up one morning,when i looked in the mirror they were gone.Some of them were on my face where they had fell out when I was asleep.They came back in in a few weeks but came out again.Good luck.I never lost my eyebrows,they got real thin and didn,t grow for awhile.
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Losing eyebrow/eyelashes
    I did 4 rounds of Adriamycin/Cytoxan and have done 6 of 12 rounds of Taxotere. It is only after about 2 rounds of the Taxotere that I noticed that my eyelashes and eyebrows were more sparse. Since I still have a way to go I imagine that there is a good chance that what is left may fall out, too. Oh well.