Got My Nipples Yesterday!

SamuraiMom
SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Oh boy! Oh boy you guys! This was incredible!

So easy and I feel like I can start to visualize myself again.

Of course for the next few weeks I'll have these styrofoam "monopoly hotels" protecting the little guys so my shirts look extremely strange but WHOOOOO CAAAAAARES!!!!!!!!!

Did the whole thing outpatient in my plastic surgeon's office and was out in an hour and a half and went shopping afterwards...no joke.

I've posted the photos (not the gorey stuff just the results-on my website if you're curious. You can find my site under the Member Resource library with my photo).

I felt a little bit of that weight that we all carry lighten up just a bit yesterday.

Next stop tattoos in 6-8 weeks!

I've vowed to start my diet again tomorrow. I ate myself into oblivion in the anxiety of the anticipation of this procedure. Silly me-it was NOT a big deal.

Once you've done the the big "Double-M" everything else feels like a cake walk...mmmm...caaaake.

Love you all!

xxoo,
SamuraiMom

Comments

• jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Thats Awesome
    Thats Awesome SamuraiMom...This is great to know cuz one day i will be getting that procedure done too...glad to see its not that big of a deal! Congrad's!!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    jo jo said:

Thats Awesome
    Thats Awesome SamuraiMom...This is great to know cuz one day i will be getting that procedure done too...glad to see its not that big of a deal! Congrad's!!

Happy for you! So many here
    Happy for you! So many here question whether to do it or not, and, you are taking away a lot of their apprehension I am sure.

♥ Noel
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    So glad to read this! My
    So glad to read this! My husband and I were just talking about this very topic. I'm going to check out your photos now -thank you for sharing.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

So glad to read this! My
    So glad to read this! My husband and I were just talking about this very topic. I'm going to check out your photos now -thank you for sharing.

This is great! I am
    This is great! I am thrilled for you! And, you seem so elated, which you should be!

Sue :)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Ritzy said:

This is great! I am
    This is great! I am thrilled for you! And, you seem so elated, which you should be!

Sue :)

You went shopping? I am
    You went shopping? I am impressed!

Your happiness comes thru your typed words. Congrats!

Hugs, Diane
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    DianeBC said:

You went shopping? I am

Hugs, Diane

Good for you, Samarai! :)

'Monopoly hotels' ... luv it!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

I'm CRAZY EXCITED .. Congrats! ...
    My next step will be the exchange .. expanders . How long before the nipple reconstruction? ... I ask everytime I am in my Plastic Surgeron's office .. but really never get a firm answer .. Last fill up is this coming Friday ...

Thanks for the information - etc.. less scary knowing that this part of reconstruction was performed in your doctors office.

Interested in everything ..

VickiSam
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    DianeBC said:

You went shopping? I am

Hugs, Diane

Congrats!

Congrats!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Megan M said:

Congrats!

Congrats!

Good for you! Another
    Good for you! Another completion in your treatment!

Hugs, Debby
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    VickiSam said:

I'm CRAZY EXCITED .. Congrats! ...
    My next step will be the exchange .. expanders . How long before the nipple reconstruction? ... I ask everytime I am in my Plastic Surgeron's office .. but really never get a firm answer .. Last fill up is this coming Friday ...

Thanks for the information - etc.. less scary knowing that this part of reconstruction was performed in your doctors office.

Interested in everything ..

VickiSam

Hola!
    Hi VickiSam!

Once the silicone were all settled in it was just a matter of my setting the date for the nips.

Keep me posted on your progress! I'd love to hear what's going on with you!

xxoo,
    SamuraiMom
  • Dot53
    Dot53 Member Posts: 239 Member
    Hi
    I noticed that your incisions are vertical while mine are horizontal... any idea why they do this surgery different ways? I love the way your new twins look after the nips were done..can hardly tell they aren't the real deal... makes me feel so much better about it..

I also wondered why some of us have to wait 6 months before we can get the expanders changed out and others seem to get it done right after their last fill....

I am really looking forward to getting this hard shells out and feeling more like my old self.. I hate sleeping on my back...

Dot
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Dot53 said:

Hi
    I noticed that your incisions are vertical while mine are horizontal... any idea why they do this surgery different ways? I love the way your new twins look after the nips were done..can hardly tell they aren't the real deal... makes me feel so much better about it..

I also wondered why some of us have to wait 6 months before we can get the expanders changed out and others seem to get it done right after their last fill....

I am really looking forward to getting this hard shells out and feeling more like my old self.. I hate sleeping on my back...

Dot

Congrats on your surgery!
    Congrats on your surgery!

Hugs, Leeza
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Gurrlllll...
    I'm so happy for you!! And wait until you get your tattoo color. I was looking through all the "colors" of nipples...like I was shopping from a catalog! My natural ones were realy light so I went a little more blushed. The whole time I was chatting away with the sweet girl like we had been friends forever.

The whole experience, getting the nipple reconstruction and tattoos are the procedures I didn't mind one bit :D

Blessings!!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

So happy for you! LOL @ monopoly hotels!

Lex♥