KIDNEY PAIN

COBRA666
COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
Anybody have any kidney pain after R-cvp? It was 5 days ago I started the chemo but have noticed some kidney discomfort on the left side in the past couple of days. Just wondering if it is normal or not and how long it may last. john

Comments

  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    kidney
    I have soreness in my ribs, but not the kidneys......
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    vinny59 said:

    kidney
    I have soreness in my ribs, but not the kidneys......

    RIB PAIN
    Vinny how are those ribs doing today? I still have the kidney pain, but it has moved around towards my left hip more. It may be the bone of my hip hurting since red blood cells are made there. Been 1 week today since my Rituxin and tomorrow since the first round of CVP. Food still has no flavor and from what I hear that may go on till after chemo. Do you have any tumors in the area you are talking about that is achy? If so can you feel them. You may have said already, but with chemo brain starting to kick in already I can not remember a lot and what I do remember I can't remember where I saw it. Spent most of yesterday up and down out of the bed. Its early today so I don't know how thats gonna go yet. Just keep an eye on your temperature. John
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    COBRA666 said:

    RIB PAIN
    Vinny how are those ribs doing today? I still have the kidney pain, but it has moved around towards my left hip more. It may be the bone of my hip hurting since red blood cells are made there. Been 1 week today since my Rituxin and tomorrow since the first round of CVP. Food still has no flavor and from what I hear that may go on till after chemo. Do you have any tumors in the area you are talking about that is achy? If so can you feel them. You may have said already, but with chemo brain starting to kick in already I can not remember a lot and what I do remember I can't remember where I saw it. Spent most of yesterday up and down out of the bed. Its early today so I don't know how thats gonna go yet. Just keep an eye on your temperature. John

    RIB PAIN
    Vinny, I just went back and read where you said large b-cell on another post. Mine is the follicular. John
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    COBRA666 said:

    RIB PAIN
    Vinny how are those ribs doing today? I still have the kidney pain, but it has moved around towards my left hip more. It may be the bone of my hip hurting since red blood cells are made there. Been 1 week today since my Rituxin and tomorrow since the first round of CVP. Food still has no flavor and from what I hear that may go on till after chemo. Do you have any tumors in the area you are talking about that is achy? If so can you feel them. You may have said already, but with chemo brain starting to kick in already I can not remember a lot and what I do remember I can't remember where I saw it. Spent most of yesterday up and down out of the bed. Its early today so I don't know how thats gonna go yet. Just keep an eye on your temperature. John

    RIB PAIN
    Morning John, ribs still hurt,that is a area where I have cancer,but on my left side not my right, but both are sore, go figure. Sorry to hear about your taste buds already, so far I can still taste food.When I had my head and neck cancer I could not taste any food, it was a real struggle, I'm hoping that I don't have to go though that again. I'm still trying to work one more week, I'm so tired all the time, know the feeling, I feel like I've been hit by a bus! hahahaha I have my next treatment on the 30th, going the 23rd to get blood checked. Hey John keep the faith, like they say, they got to knock you down to get better!!!Vinny
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    vinny59 said:

    RIB PAIN
    Morning John, ribs still hurt,that is a area where I have cancer,but on my left side not my right, but both are sore, go figure. Sorry to hear about your taste buds already, so far I can still taste food.When I had my head and neck cancer I could not taste any food, it was a real struggle, I'm hoping that I don't have to go though that again. I'm still trying to work one more week, I'm so tired all the time, know the feeling, I feel like I've been hit by a bus! hahahaha I have my next treatment on the 30th, going the 23rd to get blood checked. Hey John keep the faith, like they say, they got to knock you down to get better!!!Vinny

    RIB PAIN
    Vinny, knock you down is the right words for it. I'm still trying to get the tag number off that bus that hit me. John
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    COBRA666 said:

    RIB PAIN
    Vinny, knock you down is the right words for it. I'm still trying to get the tag number off that bus that hit me. John

    rib pain
    hahahahaha I know, I tell my brothers at least it was the short bus!!!!!
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    vinny59 said:

    rib pain
    hahahahaha I know, I tell my brothers at least it was the short bus!!!!!

    RIB PAIN
    I am gonna call the onc nurse today and check to see if this is really normal just to have some piece of mind. I know the blood cells are made in the long bones and in the ribs as well, but just want to be sure that is what I am feeling.
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    COBRA666 said:

    RIB PAIN
    I am gonna call the onc nurse today and check to see if this is really normal just to have some piece of mind. I know the blood cells are made in the long bones and in the ribs as well, but just want to be sure that is what I am feeling.

    RIB PAIN
    hey, that's what they are there for.........
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    vinny59 said:

    RIB PAIN
    hey, that's what they are there for.........

    RIB PAIN
    Vinny, I called the onc. and they said the pain sounds normal because of the neulastra shot. Just have to keep an eye on it so it does not get worse. They told me the chemo works the entire time up to just before the next round. Then it starts all over again. They said the actual chemo drugs are flushed out in about 3 days but it will continue to work due to a half life effect. John
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    COBRA666 said:

    RIB PAIN
    Vinny, I called the onc. and they said the pain sounds normal because of the neulastra shot. Just have to keep an eye on it so it does not get worse. They told me the chemo works the entire time up to just before the next round. Then it starts all over again. They said the actual chemo drugs are flushed out in about 3 days but it will continue to work due to a half life effect. John

    RIB PAIN
    That's good to hear, I remember that dam shot the last time I had cancer, hated it...... lol! it amazes me how one shot can cause so much discomfort and pain......