Feeling very ill

Options
2»

Comments

• msccolon
    msccolon Member Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

Doing better
    In fact, i took a drive along the coast yesterday just to get out and test myself. It turned out to be a bit more than i could handle, and i felt like crap the rest of the day. You don't realize how many abdominal muscles you use when you drive until you're unable to use them! I had to get Rainbow's dog food, and though they're only four pound bags, it was murder trying to lift them.

The surgery i had was to remove a cancerous ovary, and explorative surgery to see what was going on in there. There was also a hernia (which turned out to be seven hernias) that had to be repaired. The doctors completely reconstructed my innards, including repositioning bowels, and pulling muscle from my sides to my front.

It was a worse surgery than the last two i've undergone as far as initial pain. The only wonderful thing is that my incision site is, and has been completely pain free thanks to all the nerve death from the last surgeries.

Hope everyone is hanging in there!
    Love,
    Krista

YEY!
    Yey for nerve death and yey for you getting out of the house, although you overdid a tad. You aren't supposed to be lifting this soon are you? Prayers for continued healing and strength!
    mary
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    greybeard said:

tick, tick, tick...
    Seems that the clock is a huge part of this fight, we all want more of it, there are good times we want to stay, and of course there is the opposite. Time is a fickle friend to cancer warriors. I am sending you good vibes, sounds like you are making progress albeit slow, you will get there. just like they said in that old wetern show with the Karate guy, "patience, Grasshopper." I guess that may be a pretty obscure reference :), do you know the show, of which I speak? David Karadine (sp?) in the 70's? Was it Kung Foo, or Hong Kong Fooey, ah well. Hope this finds ya smilin and every day is better then the day before.
    chris

LOL!
    It was Kung Fu, and yes, i'm old enough to remember LOVING that show! Even though i was VERY young at the time. lol!