Options
2»

Comments

• pattyanny
    pattyanny Member Posts: 544
    Options
    Pumakitty said:

Patty
    I hope you have a better day tomorrow. I agree with the chemo brain being real. I also think that caregivers develop some sort of brain issue. Since my dad has been going through this I have done some weird things. I left the butter out of cookies I made. I found it the next day in the microwave. I forgot to get my car inspected and got a ticket. But, the best is this weekend. I was using the push mower to mow my yard, ran into the mailbox and knocked it off the stand. I was a little embrassing to ask my neighbor to put it back. My dad got a good laugh out of it and it made him more determine to get back to his normal self before I really cause problems. I think the chemo brain has wore off on me or maybe I am just clueless at times.

Hope you feel better.

Katt

Thanks Puma
    Lol, on the cookies, and the mailbox! At least Dad got a laugh out of it! So sorry about the ticket! Just one more b.s. paperwork to take care of! I think sweet is right about it being stressed out! It is especially stressful being a caregiver for someone you love. You need to take a break sometimes, but please- stay away from mowers, and machinery! Lol!
    I beginning to think I am S&D (stressed & depressed) ={
    Thanks for the good thoughts, and sending them back at you! Patty
  • pattyanny
    pattyanny Member Posts: 544
    Options

pattyanne, I'm sorry you're
    pattyanne, I'm sorry you're having a bad day. It is to be expected but I know that doesn't help. I wish I knew a funny joke or somethig I could type to make you smile, but I don't. Just know that many people here care about you and we all hope that tomorrow will be a better day for. Take care and hang in there.
    God Bless you friend,
    debbie

Thanks Debbiejeanne
    Just your caring post made me smile. Thanks for your kindness, and God bless!
    This too shall pass! Right? Lol! Patty
  • Pumakitty
    Pumakitty Member Posts: 652
    Options
    pattyanny said:

Thanks Puma
    Lol, on the cookies, and the mailbox! At least Dad got a laugh out of it! So sorry about the ticket! Just one more b.s. paperwork to take care of! I think sweet is right about it being stressed out! It is especially stressful being a caregiver for someone you love. You need to take a break sometimes, but please- stay away from mowers, and machinery! Lol!
    I beginning to think I am S&D (stressed & depressed) ={
    Thanks for the good thoughts, and sending them back at you! Patty

Hi Patty
    I think you are right about the stress. I thought I was doing pretty good until the mailbox. It was pretty funny though. Then my two neighbors argued over who got to fix it.

You have a lot on your plate to. I can understand how hard it is taking care of parents. Both of mine live with me and it can be a challenge. They are stubborn and hardheaded.

I am not as stressed as I was when we were first told. That time I passed out at work and had to go home early. Now I find my self getting worked up about his first appointment with the ENT. He upset me the other time my dad saw him. He told us that his chances were not good. That was the only thing he said to us (I posted about him before). I have a habbit of always thinking the worse, not good for the stress level.

Try to take a stress break yourself.

Katt
  • tonyanddenise
    tonyanddenise Member Posts: 70
    Options
    stevenl said:

CRS
    And all this time I thought it was CRS I was suffering from.

Steve

you crack me up!

you crack me up!
  • Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    Pumakitty said:

Hi Patty
    I think you are right about the stress. I thought I was doing pretty good until the mailbox. It was pretty funny though. Then my two neighbors argued over who got to fix it.

You have a lot on your plate to. I can understand how hard it is taking care of parents. Both of mine live with me and it can be a challenge. They are stubborn and hardheaded.

I am not as stressed as I was when we were first told. That time I passed out at work and had to go home early. Now I find my self getting worked up about his first appointment with the ENT. He upset me the other time my dad saw him. He told us that his chances were not good. That was the only thing he said to us (I posted about him before). I have a habbit of always thinking the worse, not good for the stress level.

Try to take a stress break yourself.

Katt

Current Research
    Dr. Daniel Silverman, UCLA
    Dr. Stewart Fleishman, Beth Israel Med Ctr. New York, NY
    Mark Noble, U of Rochester

These are the names another poster on the Long Term Effects of Treatment forum mentioned- to Google, and it does appear there are publications out there. One mentions the FU5 as the culprit, and another says that changes to the physical brain actually show-up in tests. Yes, it is very real, folks. Problem is- the C medical community is still researching it, and learning about it- and it's not the negative sort of thing that community wants to make a major issue out of. Seems to me that community should rightly come out and recognize it as a legitimate side effect, rather than something that "might exist."

kcass