Pain after completing R-CVP

britta
britta Member Posts: 107
Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed with FNHL in November, Stage 4, grade 1. I had an egg sized tumor in my groin as well as tumors in my colon, abdomen and thyroid. The tumor in my groin was inoperabe so they did R-CVP. I just finished that May 13 and am to see my doctor and have a scan June 29. At my 3 month checkup, the doctor said I was in CR, but now about two weeks after chemo ended, I started having sharp pain in my groin, about two inches above where the big tumor was. My doctor is out of town and I can't see him until June 29, so I am worrying. Did any of you have pain so soon after chemo ended?

Thanks for any advise, and blessings to all of you on this journey called "life."

Britta

Comments

  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    I am in the process of
    I am in the process of r-cvp myself. I am also follicular nhl stage 4. Tumors are in my abdominen as well. I also have a very small one in the groin area, but can not feel it. The ones in my abdomen I can feel. After my first round I did notice a shrinkage in the abdominal area. I have heard of pain after chemo in the area that was affected from a few people on this site. As far as being normal or not I do not know. There should be someone else you can contact out of your onc. office that would have an answer for that question. I know I would be on the phone. Hopefully someone that has finished with treatment on this site can shed some light on this for all of us. Seems like this is our best source of info at times
  • britta
    britta Member Posts: 107
    COBRA666 said:

    I am in the process of
    I am in the process of r-cvp myself. I am also follicular nhl stage 4. Tumors are in my abdominen as well. I also have a very small one in the groin area, but can not feel it. The ones in my abdomen I can feel. After my first round I did notice a shrinkage in the abdominal area. I have heard of pain after chemo in the area that was affected from a few people on this site. As far as being normal or not I do not know. There should be someone else you can contact out of your onc. office that would have an answer for that question. I know I would be on the phone. Hopefully someone that has finished with treatment on this site can shed some light on this for all of us. Seems like this is our best source of info at times

    Pain after completing R-CVP
    Thank you for responding. I think my doctor will be back in town on Monday, so I'll call then, although, I'm sure they will just tell me to wait til I have the cat scan on the 29th. Like everyone else, everytime you get a pain you think the cancer has come back, it's freightening to say the least.

    I see you have just had your first round of R-CVP. Think the worst part of that treatment is the Prednisone and not getting very much sleep. Good luck to you and keep in touch and thanks for writing.
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626
    britta said:

    Pain after completing R-CVP
    Thank you for responding. I think my doctor will be back in town on Monday, so I'll call then, although, I'm sure they will just tell me to wait til I have the cat scan on the 29th. Like everyone else, everytime you get a pain you think the cancer has come back, it's freightening to say the least.

    I see you have just had your first round of R-CVP. Think the worst part of that treatment is the Prednisone and not getting very much sleep. Good luck to you and keep in touch and thanks for writing.

    Hey Britta
    Sorry to hear about the pain and the worry. I remember getting odd sensations from time to time in areas that I knew I had tumors, at one point I mentioned it to my MD and he said some of that was normal and part of the inflammatory process of treatment. I also think the drugs stay in the system working for awhile.I had R CHOP and I think they said it stayed in the system 8 weeks. Having the same thing with the Zevalin and I know that stays 13 weeks. It is indeed concerning and I would make sure to talk with your MD about it. Good luck and keep in touch. Mary
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member

    Hey Britta
    Sorry to hear about the pain and the worry. I remember getting odd sensations from time to time in areas that I knew I had tumors, at one point I mentioned it to my MD and he said some of that was normal and part of the inflammatory process of treatment. I also think the drugs stay in the system working for awhile.I had R CHOP and I think they said it stayed in the system 8 weeks. Having the same thing with the Zevalin and I know that stays 13 weeks. It is indeed concerning and I would make sure to talk with your MD about it. Good luck and keep in touch. Mary

    cvp+r
    I did it back in 2006 but don't really remember having pain. I could feel the nodes in my groin, but they never hurt. About the only thing that hurt was the incisions from my biopsy. My incision was directly on the panty line and irritating as all get out for a while. In fact I can say that about all 3 biopsies....the irritating part anyway.

    The second time I did have some pain close to one of my incisions largest one that my onc said was likely scar tissue and that we could remove it but it would just grow back and hurt again in 6 months.

    I hope you hear good news and that this is all in your head (I say that about me all the time) and that you feel better very soon!

    Take care,
    Beth
  • britta
    britta Member Posts: 107
    dixiegirl said:

    cvp+r
    I did it back in 2006 but don't really remember having pain. I could feel the nodes in my groin, but they never hurt. About the only thing that hurt was the incisions from my biopsy. My incision was directly on the panty line and irritating as all get out for a while. In fact I can say that about all 3 biopsies....the irritating part anyway.

    The second time I did have some pain close to one of my incisions largest one that my onc said was likely scar tissue and that we could remove it but it would just grow back and hurt again in 6 months.

    I hope you hear good news and that this is all in your head (I say that about me all the time) and that you feel better very soon!

    Take care,
    Beth

    Pain after completing R-CVP
    Thanks to you all for responding. I guess we know all this stuff in our heads, but it's nice to be reassured. I will be going to Mayo on June 29 for a Cat Scan amd see my onc, I sure am hopeful for good news, but that sharp pain scared me. I pretty much have decided to take the Zevalin, but still have a few questions I'd like to discuss with my doctor. I read that after Zevalin the only treatment you can only take is Bextra. Well one day at a time, and as Mary said this, the zevalin may be the last we need.

    God Bless you all and keep in touch.

    Britta
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,032
    britta said:

    Pain after completing R-CVP
    Thanks to you all for responding. I guess we know all this stuff in our heads, but it's nice to be reassured. I will be going to Mayo on June 29 for a Cat Scan amd see my onc, I sure am hopeful for good news, but that sharp pain scared me. I pretty much have decided to take the Zevalin, but still have a few questions I'd like to discuss with my doctor. I read that after Zevalin the only treatment you can only take is Bextra. Well one day at a time, and as Mary said this, the zevalin may be the last we need.

    God Bless you all and keep in touch.

    Britta

    pain
    hope all goes well on the 29th! can't you still call the office and speak to one of the nurse's, they may be able to help... Vinny
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626
    britta said:

    Pain after completing R-CVP
    Thanks to you all for responding. I guess we know all this stuff in our heads, but it's nice to be reassured. I will be going to Mayo on June 29 for a Cat Scan amd see my onc, I sure am hopeful for good news, but that sharp pain scared me. I pretty much have decided to take the Zevalin, but still have a few questions I'd like to discuss with my doctor. I read that after Zevalin the only treatment you can only take is Bextra. Well one day at a time, and as Mary said this, the zevalin may be the last we need.

    God Bless you all and keep in touch.

    Britta

    Wow!!
    Your time is coming right up. Please let me know if there's any way I can help. Good luck. Mary