Options
2»

Comments

• aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    owly said:

I had a mastectomy, chemo
    I had a mastectomy, chemo and radiation last time. Then I took tamoxifen for 2 years. I guess I should have taken it for a longer time. I was married and thought I wanted to have a baby.
    I am trying to just live my life, be happy and stay healthy. I am going to talk to my doctor on Tuesday and I really think that nurse was wrong.

I am reading that I could go into remission for YEARS and be ok.

I just am really nervous about living my life feeling sick and yucky and bald and all that.
    And my boyfriend sort of broke up with me today. I think he's scared of what's happening. I know I am.
    I am just sad. I just want to be a normal girl. I want to stay pretty and have fun. Nobody seems to understand what I'm going through. I want to cry all the time, but I try to be really good and not let it show. I try so hard to be tough.
    I can accept that I'll probably never have children and I can accept that I have to be at the doctor a lot, but I do not want to accept being stuck in treatment every SINGLE week for the REST of my life.
    Thank you guys for your encouraging words. You have no idea how much that helped me.

Gosh Owly
    Where to start?

Recurrence is the elephant that never leaves the room for all of us.
    I am sorry that you have to gear up for yet another battle.

Maybe your boy friend will be able to get over his fears and stand by
    you. I certainly hope so.

And as many have told you before, use and abuse this board.
    None will show more understanding than the ladies on this
    board I found.

I too am in my thirties and I too am getting myself used to
    the idea that I most likely will not have a child. My doc said
    it would increase my chance of a recurrence... that scares me.

Ayse