Welcome Back Vicki Sam

Options
natly15
natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm so happy to see you posting again. I've wondered many times how you are doing. Have you completed your treatment? Vicki you were of amazing help to me when I was going thru chemo. I know you had a heck of time with it, but you had wonderful suggestions and I followed most of them. welcome back.

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Yes, Welcome back
    Vicki,
    Nice seeing you. How have you been doing so far?
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Hope you're doing well, Vicki Sam!
    Nice to see you again.

Mimi
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Hope you're doing well, Vicki Sam!
    Nice to see you again.

Mimi

All of you 'Sister in Pink' are so wonderful !!!
    Gee, have I missed you all. Please note that all my 'sisters' are always in my thoughts and prayers ..

Double Mact'my 1/12
    No Evidence of Cancer 1/19

Fill up's on expanders ended early April .. Exchange scheduled for 4/28 .. removing expanders, implanting silicone.

4/20 I was hospitalized with 'staph' infection .. right after arriving home from our vacation in Arizona - Grand Canyon .. Original slated to travel to Bahama's for a week, but my oncologist .. axed that idea .. I was too weak from chemo, and surgery .. so we opted for the Grand Canyon .. Wonderful, delightful trip .. until the trip home .. I broke out in 103 fever that lasted several days .. Hospitalized, seen by a staff of infectious diease doctors ... emergency surgery 3 days later .. right breast expander removed, as infection settle in there .. released with 1 breast, and suffered mild depression for the next 6 weeks.

3 weeks ago .. surgery to replace my right expander .. (sooner than my Plastic Surgeron wanted), but with my blue cross insurance running out in 2 months -- you do what you have to .. .. so we took a chance, and now I am going in for bi weekly fill ups .. and waiting to the last possible moment .. for the exchange surgery .. and recreation - nipple surgery === all hopefully by the end of August. So now I am again on lock down .. leaving my home for appt'mt, and limit exposure to the outside world.

I am now trying to get insurance some where .. some how .. I have be denied by 7 insurance companies ..no insurance broker has been able to help me .. This sucks big time .. but I am positive .. something will work ou.

I am almost finished with my 6 months of 'Herception' .. after 18 weeks of grueling chemo, and subsequent .. Herception .. my annoying 'Port' will be removed latter part of August .. Yipee

I am gaining strength daily .. I have had a set back or two in regards to the restruction of my new breasts, however, I am happy to be alive, and that dark black cloud has lifted from my life. Everyday is a struggle and a fight .. I chose to FIGHT now.

Thank you all for the kinds words ...

Love to you all and your kindness,

VickiSam
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

All of you 'Sister in Pink' are so wonderful !!!
    Gee, have I missed you all. Please note that all my 'sisters' are always in my thoughts and prayers ..

Double Mact'my 1/12
    No Evidence of Cancer 1/19

Fill up's on expanders ended early April .. Exchange scheduled for 4/28 .. removing expanders, implanting silicone.

4/20 I was hospitalized with 'staph' infection .. right after arriving home from our vacation in Arizona - Grand Canyon .. Original slated to travel to Bahama's for a week, but my oncologist .. axed that idea .. I was too weak from chemo, and surgery .. so we opted for the Grand Canyon .. Wonderful, delightful trip .. until the trip home .. I broke out in 103 fever that lasted several days .. Hospitalized, seen by a staff of infectious diease doctors ... emergency surgery 3 days later .. right breast expander removed, as infection settle in there .. released with 1 breast, and suffered mild depression for the next 6 weeks.

3 weeks ago .. surgery to replace my right expander .. (sooner than my Plastic Surgeron wanted), but with my blue cross insurance running out in 2 months -- you do what you have to .. .. so we took a chance, and now I am going in for bi weekly fill ups .. and waiting to the last possible moment .. for the exchange surgery .. and recreation - nipple surgery === all hopefully by the end of August. So now I am again on lock down .. leaving my home for appt'mt, and limit exposure to the outside world.

I am now trying to get insurance some where .. some how .. I have be denied by 7 insurance companies ..no insurance broker has been able to help me .. This sucks big time .. but I am positive .. something will work ou.

I am almost finished with my 6 months of 'Herception' .. after 18 weeks of grueling chemo, and subsequent .. Herception .. my annoying 'Port' will be removed latter part of August .. Yipee

I am gaining strength daily .. I have had a set back or two in regards to the restruction of my new breasts, however, I am happy to be alive, and that dark black cloud has lifted from my life. Everyday is a struggle and a fight .. I chose to FIGHT now.

Thank you all for the kinds words ...

Love to you all and your kindness,

VickiSam

Welcome back VickSam! I had
    Welcome back VickSam! I had wondered how you were doing too.

Praying that you gain strength and feel better with each day!

KYLEZ ♥
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    Kylez said:

Welcome back VickSam! I had
    Welcome back VickSam! I had wondered how you were doing too.

Praying that you gain strength and feel better with each day!

KYLEZ ♥

Happy to see you on the
    Happy to see you on the board again! Take care!
  • VickiSam
    Options
    jnl said:

Happy to see you on the
    Happy to see you on the board again! Take care!

Tears come to my eyes even time I
    come to 'our' site .. The love and support is overwhelming to say the least.

I don't know what I would do without this site .. Seriously!

WARRIORS - Forever!

Love,

Vicki
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Tears come to my eyes even time I
    come to 'our' site .. The love and support is overwhelming to say the least.

I don't know what I would do without this site .. Seriously!

WARRIORS - Forever!

Love,

Vicki

Поприветствуйте возвращение, Виктория!
    I admit I had to visit translate.ru for that one, Vicki. But our happiness at seeing you come back and hearing how well you are doing is 100% original. Molodets!

Joe (and the Moopster too)
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    It's so Good to See you
    It's so Good to See you back! I missed your postings and your sage wisdom. Welcome back, Miss Vicki!
    BL
  • VickiSam
    Options

It's so Good to See you
    It's so Good to See you back! I missed your postings and your sage wisdom. Welcome back, Miss Vicki!
    BL

Awesome photo "Aortus'
    and a BIG THANK YOU .. to Miss Bella Luna .. my very special friend, and sister in Pink.