Back from vacation

Options
cindycflynn
cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well, I certainly picked an eventful week on the boards to go on a cruise! I've been trying to catch up and feeling a bit (OK, a lot) overwhelmed. Sad to hear about recurrences :..( and happy to hear about new grads and upcoming nuptuals :-))).

At the advice of my dear cousin that is a cancer survivor herself (uterine), my hubby and I planned a wonderful vacation to celebrate the end of cancer treatments. It gave us something else to talk about while we were going through the treatments, which was a welcome relief. We were able to schedule it for the week of our wedding anniversary, so we had a double reason to celebrate. We took a Mexican Riviera cruise and had a spectacular time.

Stopped in Cabo San Lucas and went Sandrail (dune buggy) riding. We were caked with fine dust which had clung to our carefully applied sunscreen and had to be scrubbed off, but had a wonderful time riding around the desert and ending up on a beautiful beach with tide pools.

Next stop was Mazatlan, where we went on a kayaking excursion and spent some time refueling afterwards on a warm beach eating ceviche. My arms did get tired, but I wasn't even sore the next day.

The third and final port was Puerto Vallarta, where we signed up to swim with the dolphins. It was an amazing experience to actually be able to touch, kiss, and be taken for a ride with, such beautiful animals.

We spent the next two days at sea, relaxing and eating ourselves silly. My husband, who is an avid fisherman, didn't even seem to miss not having a fishing pole in his hand while on a boat.

It was a wonderful time, and I thought of you all. I turned off my cell phone for the whole week and we didn't even watch the news. The only thing I missed about being out of touch was all of you lovely people.

Glad to be back,
Cindy

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Hi Cindy
    Welcome back. We missed you. It was a very difficult week here.
    I am glad that you and your husband had a wonderful time and enjoyed your vacation. Thank you for sharing this with us. it avery interesting and uplifting story.
    Hugs
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    What great news
    Your vactation sounded lovely. So glad you had a fun and relaxing time away. I was living vicariously through you while I was reading your post. It put a big smile on my face.
    I am waiting until I finally see the PT for evaluation of my Lymphedema in early July, before I can be fitted with a sleeve that will allow me to fly to Florida for an extended weekend. If my husband had more available vacation time this year, I would have looked into a similar cruise. Yours sounded like such fun.
    Hugs, K
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!
    Cindy, sounds like such a lovely time. You were missed but are now excused because we have an explanation for your absence. Yes, it has been a bit overwhelming on the board with "news" this week. But, we are a strong army of survivors and we will continue to march to our victory dance with NED. We also get the distraction on Friday of the awesome wedding between our beautiful Chen and the most wonderful Reggie.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    KayNYC said:

What great news
    Your vactation sounded lovely. So glad you had a fun and relaxing time away. I was living vicariously through you while I was reading your post. It put a big smile on my face.
    I am waiting until I finally see the PT for evaluation of my Lymphedema in early July, before I can be fitted with a sleeve that will allow me to fly to Florida for an extended weekend. If my husband had more available vacation time this year, I would have looked into a similar cruise. Yours sounded like such fun.
    Hugs, K

Welcome back Cindy! So glad
    Welcome back Cindy! So glad you had such a great vacation!
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Cindy
    Sounds like a dream vacation!!

I've gotta know -- regarding your picture: Do you or did you "go bald" in public? (It's terribly hot here and I'm getting bolder...)
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options

Welcome back, Cindy
    Sounds like a dream vacation!!

I've gotta know -- regarding your picture: Do you or did you "go bald" in public? (It's terribly hot here and I'm getting bolder...)

Christine Louise
    I do have some hair now (I just updated my profile with a picture of me swimming with the dolphins) so yes, I did go "naked" for my vacation, had have been doing the same at work for a few weeks prior to my vacation.

My hair is growing very slowly, but it's nice to not have to worry about hats, wigs, or scarves, especially now that the weather is getting warmer.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options

Christine Louise
    I do have some hair now (I just updated my profile with a picture of me swimming with the dolphins) so yes, I did go "naked" for my vacation, had have been doing the same at work for a few weeks prior to my vacation.

My hair is growing very slowly, but it's nice to not have to worry about hats, wigs, or scarves, especially now that the weather is getting warmer.

Cindy, I LOVE you new
    Cindy, I LOVE you new picture. So cool!!!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Cindy, I LOVE you new
    Cindy, I LOVE you new picture. So cool!!!

Cindy .. I am so happy that you are enjoying life now ...
    Thanks for the update and pictures ..

VickiSam
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Cindy .. I am so happy that you are enjoying life now ...
    Thanks for the update and pictures ..

VickiSam

So glad you're back, Cindy!
    I must have missed a post where you talked about going on vacation....I've definitely been missing you here, and thought you might be taking a break from the board or just busy with life in general.

I'm so happy to hear that instead you were enjoying such a special trip, and so glad that you made it back in time to participate in our candle-lighting last night -- I did a little happy dance when I saw your name pop up on the thread, ran outside on my balcony, and I'm sure I could see your candle lit over yonder! :-)

And your picture is AWESOME!

Traci
  • greyhoundluvr
    greyhoundluvr Member Posts: 402
    Options
    Cindy -
    I agree - the new picture is great! Welcome back but it is great to hear that your absence was because of such a wonderful vacation! I was able to live vicariously through your descriptions!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Welcome back Cindy. You were
    Welcome back Cindy. You were missed on these boards but so happy for you and hubby. There is nothing like cruising. It is the best and sounds like you had the best time. A cruise well deserved I might say after all this BC treatment. Your photo is terrific and your hair is looking good.