Made it through 1st fill

slynch
slynch Member Posts: 82
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Well, I did a lot of worrying for nothing. I never felt the needle prick, and the pain is not unbearable at all. Of course I only got 60 cc's this time because I have had so much problem with skin healing. I am a little tight and sore. I was glad to get such good advice from everyone. This is a great site to answer questions.

Comments

• Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Glad that your first fill
    Glad that your first fill went so smoothly for you slynch! Praying they all do!

Hugs, Angie
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Angie2U said:

Glad that your first fill
    Glad that your first fill went so smoothly for you slynch! Praying they all do!

Hugs, Angie

Congrats Slynch! I had a
    Congrats Slynch! I had a lumpectomy, so, I don't know what you are going thru, but, just know that we are all here for you!

Sue :)
  • Christine Louise
    Christine Louise Member Posts: 426 Member
    Yea for you!
    You're on your way. So glad to hear the fill went well!
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    yay!
    Do take tylenol before your fills because mine became more uncomfortable the more I had. My first fill was 60cc's too. Remember that it is not a race.

Good for you that you've the first one under your belt! It is a little fun to get bigger every couple of weeks! :)
  • SamuraiMom
    SamuraiMom Member Posts: 295
    Fill 'er Up! ;)
    Welcome!

I'm on the tail end of the reconstruction process and dreaded the first fill just like you.

But you're right, a quick prick and off you go.

Congrats on the next big step!!

XXOO,
    SamuraiMom
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member

Fill 'er Up! ;)
    Welcome!

I'm on the tail end of the reconstruction process and dreaded the first fill just like you.

But you're right, a quick prick and off you go.

Congrats on the next big step!!

XXOO,
    SamuraiMom

Glad to hear it all went
    Glad to hear it all went well.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Kat11 said:

Glad to hear it all went
    Glad to hear it all went well.

So happy that it went so
    So happy that it went so well for you!

Leeza
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

Yea for you!
    You're on your way. So glad to hear the fill went well!

WTG slynch! Glad that
    WTG slynch! Glad that everything went so well!
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Congrad's you made it
    Congrad's you made it through the first one...i remember i was so excited to get my first one and scared to cuz i didnt know what to expect...but i just kept thinkin its one more step to getting back to normal!
  • m-star
    m-star Member Posts: 441
    jo jo said:

Congrad's you made it
    Congrad's you made it through the first one...i remember i was so excited to get my first one and scared to cuz i didnt know what to expect...but i just kept thinkin its one more step to getting back to normal!

yep thats how i saw it
    yep thats how i saw it too.As getting back to normal (or better than normal in my case!).

Glad it went well. Onward and upward!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    m-star said:

yep thats how i saw it
    yep thats how i saw it too.As getting back to normal (or better than normal in my case!).

Glad it went well. Onward and upward!

Congrats! You got the first
    Congrats! You got the first one done now!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    DianeBC said:

Congrats! You got the first
    Congrats! You got the first one done now!

Congrats!! I love it .. Your first FILL ...
    I finished my fills .. awaiting exchange scheduled for 4/28 .. when 5 days before my surgery I contacted staph infection while on vacation at the Grand Canyon .. yes, 5 fun filled days in isolation at the hospital .. Staff of "Infectious disease doctors" and emergency surgery to remove right expander .. when I found myself at home crying with left expander filled getting harder by the day .. and no right breast. Dark days and nights to say the very least ...

I have since (3 weeks ago) had yet another surgery to implant a 2nd right expander and I am getting bi-weekly fills. This time around the prick of the needle hurts, but expanding my breast by 120cc does not hurt ..

My plastic surgeron will not let me take a shower .. for 24 hours after each filling ... Is this normal???

I wish and pray the very best for you ....

VickiSam