tried the thin pads {ladys use} yes you can laugh now

shane59
shane59 Member Posts: 86
edited March 2014 in Prostate Cancer #1
Oh boy how embarressing wearing ladies panty liners, who gives a rats they work well and at least half the price,word of warning make sure you get the sticky tabs down on your jocks as wait for it heres a laugh , they can play havick with the short and curleys. yes now I have said it I will wait for the comments to role in . But in all honesty they are quite comfortable and still catch the drips .I wouldn,t like a big leak maybe I will do a test with a glass of water and see how much they hold no whats the point .They work and you really dont no they are there thats all that matters.well thats enough for me hope you have a good chuckle Shane59 dry again .

Comments

• Skid Row Tom
    Skid Row Tom Member Posts: 125
    Liners
    I sure wish they'd just call them "liners" instead of "pantiliners". It just adds to the discomfort and humiliation. I've found Tena Serenity Pantiliners Regular (the ones with a "one drop " rating) to be pretty good -- thin but absorbent and without "tabs" or other such things that women may require. Geez, I wish we talk football.
    142 Member Posts: 169

Liners
    I sure wish they'd just call them "liners" instead of "pantiliners". It just adds to the discomfort and humiliation. I've found Tena Serenity Pantiliners Regular (the ones with a "one drop " rating) to be pretty good -- thin but absorbent and without "tabs" or other such things that women may require. Geez, I wish we talk football.

pads, etc.
    At 33 weeks out, I just wish I could get to the point of using something as light as that. Be happy, and say you've buying them for the wife if put on the spot ;)
  • Skid Row Tom
    Skid Row Tom Member Posts: 125
    142 said:

pads, etc.
    At 33 weeks out, I just wish I could get to the point of using something as light as that. Be happy, and say you've buying them for the wife if put on the spot ;)

Liners
    After 33 weeks, the writing was on the wall for me. Absolutely no bladder control. I finally ended up with an artificial urinary sphincter (AUS) implant. Wearing pads and Depends at the same time, soaked clothes, "diaper" rash, a prisoner in my own home -- I couldn't take it anymore.

Liners
    After 33 weeks, the writing was on the wall for me. Absolutely no bladder control. I finally ended up with an artificial urinary sphincter (AUS) implant. Wearing pads and Depends at the same time, soaked clothes, "diaper" rash, a prisoner in my own home -- I couldn't take it anymore.

33 Weeks
    Tom,

Can't say I'm at that level, but I still do need the pant on some days. Generally just 1 or 2 pads a day, but I'm also in IGRT, so they tell me it likely won't get any better from here. I'm on a one-year target with the uro, at one year he will start talking about other options.

The added laundry loads would sure be a hard reminder, if I wasn't already reminded. Now with the 100 degree days, taking a walk is a rash-generator.
  • Trew
    Trew Member Posts: 932 Member
    142 said:

33 Weeks
    Tom,

Can't say I'm at that level, but I still do need the pant on some days. Generally just 1 or 2 pads a day, but I'm also in IGRT, so they tell me it likely won't get any better from here. I'm on a one-year target with the uro, at one year he will start talking about other options.

The added laundry loads would sure be a hard reminder, if I wasn't already reminded. Now with the 100 degree days, taking a walk is a rash-generator.

142, i was thinking we could
    142, i was thinking we could hold hands and jump from the AUS bridge together. SkidRow did it and survived.

I am in that prisoner mode right now. It is terrible. Places and things I onceliked to do I not avoid like the plague.
  • ob66
    ob66 Member Posts: 227 Member

Liners

Shane and Skid
    Shane and Skid Row-----------I love the comments. They ring soooooo true!!!! One year post daVinci....Incontinence---AUS on May 10....No incontinence for three weeks (whoops it's the swelling stupid, along with plum outdoor plumbing)...Now 5 weeks out, incontinence back worse than ever (guess what the swelling finally went down).....Skid---You da' man...Every step you have portrayed right on the money....Thank you for your most accurate insights as to what this whole process is....Now, being a believer, I look for activation of my AUS to be a date with destiny....The worst is behind (lest the coming radiation side effects)...The back and forth on this site are helpful beyond belief....And Trew, keep filling your glass with water, take the positive steps, and you too will be back to back packing...Best of luck all....Can't say how much the help, helps!!!!
  • randy_in_indy
    randy_in_indy Member Posts: 496 Member
    I will stick with my CVS pharmacy "Gaurds for men"
    right below that on the package it states "protecciones para hombre" It makes me feel a little better to buy these. I tried the Tena "panitieliners" and found them two narrow...I like cutting my 52 Guards for men in half so now I have 104 pads for the drips for just $9.99 when they have a sale. I used these for when I am working outside doing "Man" stuff...lol Or, when I plan to be drinking a few brews that will no doubt make me lazy and forget to go. I really, really need to start doing my keggles again....but just 1/2 pad lasts me all day on the weekend outside working and drinking so I figure that's not so bad...I have it lucky.

Randy In Indy
    Trew said:

142, i was thinking we could
    142, i was thinking we could hold hands and jump from the AUS bridge together. SkidRow did it and survived.

I am in that prisoner mode right now. It is terrible. Places and things I onceliked to do I not avoid like the plague.

still waiting -
    I'm not convinced it won't get any better (yet), so won't be making any decisions until later in the year, if nothing else changes.