Celebrated my Rad Grad yesterday

Options
2»

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Another member of the Rads
    Another member of the Rads Grad Club!!! Congratulations and job well done!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Graduation!
    We love good news here and this is GREAT news!

Congratulations you rad grad!

Welcome to the club!

Lex♥
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Sorry double post.

Sorry double post.
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    natly15 said:

Congrats! I'll be saying
    Congrats! I'll be saying done on tuesday June 15. It's a long journey but we are alive and hopefully beginning to enjoy our life again.

Do the happy dance tomorrow
    Tomorrow I will be doing the happy dance with you in celebration of your Rad Grad. Hurray for us. Another step in the journey.
    Hugs, K
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Graduation!
    We love good news here and this is GREAT news!

Congratulations you rad grad!

Welcome to the club!

Lex♥

strange day
    It was a rather strange morning. It was my first weekday without radiation treatments in weeks. It did allow me to sleep an extra two hours this morning although my body is so used to waking at 5 AM, I woke expecting to hear the alarm at 5; reminding myself that the alarm was set for 7 AM, I turned over and went back to sleep. My cats seemed a little confused by my late waking. They were sitting on the night stand and on the bed watching and waiting for my eyes to open (They were waiting to be fed.)
    It felt weird not to enter the building this morning and head down to the T level for rads but I passed the corridor and happily went straight to my office in the adjoining building.
    Still slathering on the Hydrophor. I remain pink and sore at the incision line (boosts last week) but feeling good and thankful that that phase of treatment is over.
    Composing my list of questions re the Arimidex for the Medical Oncologist who I will see on Thurs.
    :) Hugs, K
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    KayNYC said:

strange day
    It was a rather strange morning. It was my first weekday without radiation treatments in weeks. It did allow me to sleep an extra two hours this morning although my body is so used to waking at 5 AM, I woke expecting to hear the alarm at 5; reminding myself that the alarm was set for 7 AM, I turned over and went back to sleep. My cats seemed a little confused by my late waking. They were sitting on the night stand and on the bed watching and waiting for my eyes to open (They were waiting to be fed.)
    It felt weird not to enter the building this morning and head down to the T level for rads but I passed the corridor and happily went straight to my office in the adjoining building.
    Still slathering on the Hydrophor. I remain pink and sore at the incision line (boosts last week) but feeling good and thankful that that phase of treatment is over.
    Composing my list of questions re the Arimidex for the Medical Oncologist who I will see on Thurs.

Hey, congratulations!!!!
    Look at you all grown up and graduated:) It's nice to be done, isn't it? My skin is almost all cleared up. I still get tired in the evening, but I don't know if it's from just being back at it again or leftover radiation fatigue.

I've been on the Arimidex two weeks now and so far, I feel nothing different. Hope it stays that way.

Take care,
    Victoria
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    Congrats on a job well done! Very happy for you.....it's a wonderful feeling isn't it.....
    Again, congrats! Get some rest so you can get out there and enjoy life, once again!
    Nancy
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    Congratulations
    Let the horns blow, and let there be cake. So happy ur done. Katz
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    natly15 said:

Congrats! I'll be saying
    Congrats! I'll be saying done on tuesday June 15. It's a long journey but we are alive and hopefully beginning to enjoy our life again.

Congrats to you Natly on
    Congrats to you Natly on finishing rads too!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    KayNYC said:

strange day

Kay, why are you going on
    Kay, why are you going on Arimidex instead of Tamoxifen?

So glad that you have this free time now. TRY to sleep in! lol

Sue :)