Half way through rads

ladyg
ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Today I passed the half way point of my rads! It's all down hill from here! I am still working and starting to feel "worn out". I know that it takes a while after the treatments are done to get back to normal. I am just wondering if anyone has any advise about taking time off from work. I guess what I am asking is should I hang in there as long as I can now and take more time at the end of rads? Any advise you can give would be great.

Hugs

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Hi
    I think your fatigue is normal side effect of radiation.I did not work during radiation and it was right choice for me. I believe if you have opportunity to take medical leave you need to use it.
    Hugs
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

Hi
    I think your fatigue is normal side effect of radiation.I did not work during radiation and it was right choice for me. I believe if you have opportunity to take medical leave you need to use it.
    Hugs

Fatigue is normal with rads.
    Fatigue is normal with rads. It takes a huge toll on you. If you can take some time off from work, you might try to if you feel you need to. Good luck!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    jnl said:

Fatigue is normal with rads.
    Fatigue is normal with rads. It takes a huge toll on you. If you can take some time off from work, you might try to if you feel you need to. Good luck!

I don't work, so, I took
    I don't work, so, I took naps during the day which helped so much. If you really feel you need to not work, see if you can get some time off. The last couple of weeks do really get to you.