Another Update and Another Setback, Kinda!

Options
2»

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Options
    Sunrae said:

Thanks to all of you for
    Thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts and support. Most of the time I do think of myself as one tough cookie but today after lymphadema treatment I feel like the cookie has crumbled. There's so much to learn on what to do myself as far as lymphadema treatment and I'm still fighting the effects of the chemo treatment this week. It just has me all wrung out and I don't feel like I have much left at this point. I will have to go 3 times a week for the lymphadema treatments, one day for chemo, and do all the massage and exercises each day and wear the compression sleeve every day. I hate it when I whine like this, I sound like such a baby. I know each of you have fought your battles bravely and are winning them each day and that's what inspires me to continue on. You are all so courageous and supportive and I know with your help we can all get thru this. I just feel so bad that I'm not the cheerleader that I want to be but I hope that soon I can get past this feeling and get back out there cheering all of you along your journey. Please know that I care about each one of you and hope to be back posting and keeping up with all of you. Looking toward the finish line for each one of us. Susan B. Komen Race for the Cure will be running tomorrow here in St. Louis with about 70,000 strong beautiful people out there running for each one of us. Now that's inspiring and I hope to be able to do that next year. Thanks to all of you who have been able to participate in events all around the country. You're making a difference.

Sweet Sunrae you are in the
    Sweet Sunrae you are in the cheering section. We are all cheering for you. It is now time for you to sit a while and be the receiver. Hugs and prayers to you.
  • KayNYC
    KayNYC Member Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    mixed news
    So happy your hands are clearing up. Although your chemo will be extended a bit and it is a bummer, you can finish your treatment getting you one step closer to ocmpleting your treatment journey. As for Lymphedema, I also have it. I couldn't get an appt for PT/OT evaluation until July 9th. It has actually gotten a bit better over this week and I am not sure if it's the Breast Cancer yoga DVD and the BC exercise video workouts that have helped or the ending of my radiation treatments.I am trying to remind myself to elevate my arm and hand every evening before I go to bed. I am not looking forward to wearing the compression sleeve in the summer heat either. Guess this is just one more battle in the war.
    Take one day at a time. Look how far you have come already in this war against breast cancer. You are a Pink Warrior and not a pitiful mess;the war wages on. Be gentle with yourself and care fro yourself as you would your very best friend.
    Hugs, K
    Keep posting.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    KayNYC said:

mixed news
    So happy your hands are clearing up. Although your chemo will be extended a bit and it is a bummer, you can finish your treatment getting you one step closer to ocmpleting your treatment journey. As for Lymphedema, I also have it. I couldn't get an appt for PT/OT evaluation until July 9th. It has actually gotten a bit better over this week and I am not sure if it's the Breast Cancer yoga DVD and the BC exercise video workouts that have helped or the ending of my radiation treatments.I am trying to remind myself to elevate my arm and hand every evening before I go to bed. I am not looking forward to wearing the compression sleeve in the summer heat either. Guess this is just one more battle in the war.
    Take one day at a time. Look how far you have come already in this war against breast cancer. You are a Pink Warrior and not a pitiful mess;the war wages on. Be gentle with yourself and care fro yourself as you would your very best friend.
    Hugs, K
    Keep posting.

Your hands cleared up! That
    Your hands cleared up! That is good news! Try to take just one day at a time Sunrae. I think we all feel pitiful at some point, but, we get past it once our treatments get behind us. You will soon be there!